Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Steam & Excursion > Lou Schmitz

Date: 08/30/14 08:38
Lou Schmitz
Author: Bob3985

I received word from my long time friend that Lou Schmitz passed away on Friday in Omaha, Nebraska. Lou worked for the UP for a full career and took a myriad of photos along the way. He produced a few books along the way also. Lou was a good friend to many of us in the Union Pacific Historical Society and a wealth of information about the area of the country he had been in.
I met Lou at a UPHS convention and became friends. My sympathies go out to his wife, Barb, who remains in the Omaha area. Lou was not of good health for some time now and the suffering has come to an end.
Rest in peace Lou and may all your switches be lined normal and signals green.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 08/30/14 09:06
Re: Lou Schmitz
Author: GRNDMND

Sorry to hear of Lou's passing. Wasn't Lou one of the "old timers" in the Camerail Club as well? My sympathies and prayers to his family.

KC

Date: 08/30/14 09:26
Author: Bob3985

GRNDMND Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry to hear of Lou's passing. Wasn't Lou one of
> the "old timers" in the Camerail Club as well? My
> sympathies and prayers to his family.
>
> KC

I believe Lou was a Member of Camerail.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 08/30/14 12:44
Author: XUP4014

Thanks Bob , Sorry to hear of Lou's passing. Our sympathies and prayers to his family.

Dave & Serena Dodds
UPHS Member #3282

Date: 09/01/14 19:19
Author: switchlock

Lou was definitely one of the good ol' boys. Highball, Lou!

Date: 09/02/14 10:03
Author: wpjones

Thanks Bob for the Info and kind words. It's very hard to pick up a UP color book and not find at least one of Lou's great photos.
Steve

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0314 seconds