Home Open Account Help 261 users online

Steam & Excursion > NKP 765 in Fostoria, OH 9-4-14

Date: 09/07/14 18:21
NKP 765 in Fostoria, OH 9-4-14
Author: jkh2cpu

I've not seen any videos of NKP 765 passing through Fostoria, so I'll offer this one up for review. Sorry
about the bobble, it's totally my fault. If the engine was not looking and sounding so good, I would have
forgone posting this.

I got to the tracks at 7 AM and had fun videoing until around 10 or 11, at which time I went into rest mode,
as it was really hot and humid, and I did not want to wear out before the train showed up. As the day wore
on the weather soured: the wind picked up and we lost the clear blue skies, and the later it got, the less
desirable the sun angle became. The engine was late because it was running on a railroad ;-) The CSX had
lots of traffic in Fostoria, and the engine was delayed in western Ohio. The crowds were well behaved, and
people were cheerful when the engine finally puffed by after the last CSX train got out of the way. In the
background you may think you hear a dog moaning... you're right: the dog was answering the locomotive's
whistling for the crossing at Columbus Avenue.

If you have the chance to see this engine, take it! You won't be disappointed.

John.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/07/14 18:38
Re: NKP 765 in Fostoria, OH 9-4-14
Author: Mudrock

Very nice video of NKP 765.

Chris

Date: 09/07/14 20:28
Author: Frisco1522

Is it just my computer, or are we back to the video stopping problem again. I have to download them to watch them. This was happening on TO a couple of years ago, but Todd fixed it.

Date: 09/07/14 20:49
Author: flyingfred

Frisco1522 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is it just my computer, or are we back to the
> video stopping problem again. I have to download
> them to watch them. This was happening on TO a
> couple of years ago, but Todd fixed it.

It is working just fine on my computer.

-Fred-

Date: 09/07/14 21:12
Author: nycman

Don, I think is has to do with the speed of your ISP. Mine is slow, so when I see it stop I just pause it and let it accumulate some more, then start it again. BTW, nice video!

Date: 09/08/14 08:27
Author: kurt765

Got to love that soundtrack!

Date: 09/08/14 13:49
Author: wabash2800

Do you have broadband, high speed internet or just high speed internet?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0361 seconds