Home Open Account Help 395 users online

Steam & Excursion > NKP 765 in Black and White

Date: 09/15/14 09:04
NKP 765 in Black and White
Author: refarkas

When I first started taking railroad images nearly 50 years ago, I took black and white. Black and white brought to mind movie newsreels and early television thereby giving a sense of reality that color sometimes doesn't possess. Here is NKP 765 heading south at a runby on the CVSR. It was taken 09/14/2014 at Boston Mills. Somehow this seems more real to me than the color image from which it was taken.
Bob

Date: 09/15/14 13:20
Re: NKP 765 in Black and White
Author: SDP40F600

Nice image, Bob. Yes, there is something about steam locomotives in black and white that gives them an aura of authenticity. Or maybe I should say history. In the steam era, people saw steam locomotives go about their business in living color. It is just the media of the era was mostly black and white.

Date: 09/15/14 20:24
Author: NWClassJ

Beautiful image. I have to agree..the B/W always does seem to capture the mood of steam better than color. I have always enjoyed how the B/W captures every roll of the steam and smoke from the stack...it just seems more alive to me.

Date: 09/16/14 08:30
Author: YG

Very nice...

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0409 seconds