Home Open Account Help 370 users online

Steam & Excursion > Death of Friends of #261 Judy Sandberg

Date: 09/20/14 05:55
Death of Friends of #261 Judy Sandberg
Author: kschmidt626

I read this and was pretty shocked to hear the Judy had died. I met Judy many times on #261 excursions and she was great to work with and talk to. She is going to be missed greatly by the organization and of course her family. Thoughts and prayers to Frank and Steve. Also to the entire #261 family. With an excursion next weekend it will be tough without her.

Here is a link the article from TRAINS Magazine Newswire written by Steve Glischinski (Trains subscribers only)

http://trn.trains.com/en/Railroad%20News/News%20Wire/2014/09/Friends%20of%20the%20261s%20Judy%20Sandberg%20dies.aspx

Keith Schmidt
Milwaukee, WI

Date: 09/20/14 07:26
Re: Death of Friends of #261 Judy Sandberg
Author: SR2

My sympathy to Frank and his family. Judy will always
be remembered as a kind, wonderful woman who had a love
of family, and a love of railroading. Julie and I will
sadly miss her. You are right, she will continue to be
memorialized each time the MILW 261 and Friends ride the
rails. May she rest in Peace and Eternal Light shine
upon her.
Jon C. Nienow

Date: 09/20/14 07:30
Author: ClubCar

She will be in my prayers along with her family. May she rest in peace with the Lord.

Date: 09/20/14 07:52
Author: chico

Condolences to the Sandberg family.

Date: 09/20/14 08:08
Author: train671

Very sad day indeed to hear of the passing of Judy Sandberg. My sincerest condolences go out to the Sandberg Clan and the entire 261 Team. Having ridden many trips aboard the 261 as well as shooting lots of video of the 261, I got to know the many faces of the Sandberg Family and the 261 Team. Judy's personality surely was the brightest ray of sunshine and that great smile certainly made passing her way a pleasure. We won't see her aboard the next trip BUT her dynamic personality will certainly inject a sense of
enjoyment on that trip and all future trips of the 261. Thanks Judy for all the memories.

Date: 09/20/14 08:58
Author: alco636

Judy was first class in every way. I sincerely appreciated being able to volunteer with her and Friends Of The 261.

Al Seever
Phoenix, AZ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/14 09:31 by alco636.

Date: 09/20/14 09:02
Author: spdaylight

Keith

A very well written piece about a great lady. Although I didn't know her at all nor her role in 261, your tribute certainly informed the rest of us on TO of her importance in that capacity. She will naturally be deeply missed. My thoughts and prayers to the Sandberg family.

Craig
http://mcmrailvideos.com/

Date: 09/20/14 10:54
Author: YG

Keith,

Thanks for informing us of this sad news. Judy was so well-liked and she will certainly be missed.

My condolences to the Sandberg family and the 261 family.

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

Date: 09/20/14 14:37
Author: nycman

I am so sorry to hear of Judy's passing. As others have said, she was the shining light in the 261 organization. All of us who have ridden with the 261 crew have fond memories of Judy and all of the assistance she was always ready and willing to provide. She managed to arrange for OKtrainboys and me to get together in the same car back on a 2004 excursion behind 261. My condolences to Frank, Steve, and all family members. Rest in peace, Judy.

Date: 09/20/14 19:45
Author: Geep

I'm sorry to hear that. She greeted me while going on board on a Friends' trip from St. Paul down to Chicago. First class organization, may she rest in peace.

Date: 09/20/14 21:24
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

I am so sorry to hear that. I never had the
pleasure of meeting her, but from what all of
you have been saying, she was a really
wonderful lady, and will be sorely missed.

My deep condolences to the Sandberg family
and the many friends of the 261.

An obit for those who are not Trains subscribers:
http://www.startribune.com/obituaries/detail/39249/?fullname=judith-ann-sandberg

(Man, this has been a rough year. Lost a number
of people who meant a lot to a lot of people. A bummer.)

Date: 09/21/14 07:48
Author: Mudrock

Judy was one of the kindness people I ever met. I want to take a moment to thank you for all the help she had been to me over the years with Milwaukee Road 261 Trips. It would be nice if one of the cars could be named after her. I will miss her dearly!

Chris

Date: 09/21/14 08:30
Author: MILW86A

Sorry to hear of her passing. Condolences to the Sandbergs.

Date: 09/21/14 22:01
Author: bnsfbob

Judy was a wonderful person and so patient and helpful when arranging space on trips. One time I had to cancel. She said no problem but I said a refund wasn't necessary - just convert it to a donation. She said "Oh bless your heart"

Bob

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/23/14 01:51
Author: Red

God Bless and Keep Unto HIS Love, the Sandberg FAMILY...

Date: 09/23/14 10:26
Author: SamRae

We were sorry to hear of Judy's passing. We've known the family for a good long time, going back to the early days of the Tourist Railway Association. Judy was a wonderful person, and we'll miss her. Condolences to Frank and the family.

George and Marcia Payne
Baltimore, MD

Date: 09/25/14 11:28
Author: andersonb109

I got to know Judy and Frank quite well on a trip to China with GW Travel in 2004. She had called me prior to booking to see if I recommended the trip as I had done it the previous year. She and Frank had a great time riding and photographing steam for two weeks. I never imagined when we said good by last year after riding the cars on a dead head move on the Starlight that it would be the last time. A really great and unique woman. Condolences to the entire family.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0805 seconds