Home Open Account Help 262 users online

Steam & Excursion > C&TSRR Question

Date: 09/27/14 07:55
C&TSRR Question
Author: whistlepig

Just out of curiosity, how many full-time paid employees does the C&TS have? And who exactly employs them? Thanks in advance.

Date: 09/27/14 14:12
Re: C&TSRR Question
Author: johnacraft

whistlepig Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And who exactly employs them?

From 1970 until 2012 the employer was a succession of concessionaires that leased the property from the C&T Railroad Commission.

Since late 2012, and occasionally before that for short off-season periods between concessionaires, the Commission has operated the railroad directly.

> how many full-time paid employees does the C&TS have?

Under the concessionaire model, there were generally relatively few true year-round, full-time jobs: a small management team (GM / Marketing / HR), and the employees working in the shops during the winter. (Some of the employees working in the shop in the winter had other positions during the operating season.) For many years off-season locomotive work was done in Chama, passenger car work was done in Antonito. In the last decade Antonito has also been doing winter locomotive work.

I don't know recent numbers, but the total for what most people think of as 'the C&TS' would have been about 15 +/- 5 during the concessionaire years.

Date: 09/27/14 18:01
Re: C&TSRR Question
Author: whistlepig

Thank you. I was just curious because in the 90s at Amtrak, we had an engineer working out of Los Angeles and I remember he left saying he was going to move back to Chama. For the life of me I can't remember his name. He was sure a good hoghead though. But I do remember he was a real nice fella.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0274 seconds