Ed

Date: 09/27/14 20:40
Re: On The Highline Today
Author: PHall

That doesn't look like Keddie to me.

Date: 09/28/14 07:08
Author: EMD2024

Doesn't resemble the St. Louis riverfront either!

MWP in CHI

Date: 09/28/14 07:58
Author: HotWater

Nice. However, I always thought that "The High Line" was the Great Northern Rwy across North Dakota, Montana, and Washington.

Date: 09/28/14 09:10
Author: Auburn_Ed

Brings up a topic: how many "highlines" are there in railroading? GN, WP, D&S, and more. Anyone name them all?

Ed

Date: 09/28/14 09:37
Author: flash34

Milwaukee Hi-line at Fife, Wa.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/28/14 12:01
Author: YG

Nice!

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

Date: 09/29/14 21:38
Author: lwilton

flash34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Milwaukee Hi-line at Fife, Wa.

I was just reading some 1916 MILW electrification department letters. They were talking about relocating the feeder line from the "new lowline" to the "abandoned highline" for about half a mile somewhere in the middle of Montana or Idaho, since the poles tended to wash away in spring along the lowline.

I would guess that in the era before railfen that lowline and highline referred to relative position of two rail lines, or possible rail lines in the same area.

Now of course it is a capitalized term, so there can only be one in the world, which results in much desirable disagreement about which of the many can be the only one.

Date: 09/30/14 14:48
Author: nycman

Despite the other comments, nice photo, Ed. You are obviously enjoying Colorado narrow gauge.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0266 seconds