Home Open Account Help 371 users online

Steam & Excursion > R&N 425 at Nesquehoning

Date: 10/19/14 19:15
R&N 425 at Nesquehoning
Author: OCtrainguy

With the great weather we had in the Lehigh Gorge last Sunday, I spent most of the day on the bicycle between Jim Thorpe and the Lehigh Gorge State Park. One thing I wanted to do was to catch the westbound Fall Foliage train heading back to Port Clinton. I wanted a spot close to the park to resume enjoying the weather and three day weekend vacation I had. I've photographed trains before in Nesquehoning, so I figured that would work. I chose the first crossing in town as I really liked the color on the trees. I know there are some shadows in the video from the cross-buck with gate and the telephone pole, but the engine sounded great in the valley. Roughly, the first minute of the video is just sound of the engine heading west. I am guessing there may be a slight incline as the train heads out of Jim Thorpe and heads to Nesquehoning.

So without further adieu, here is the video of R&N 425 and the Fall Foliage train. Hope you enjoy!

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/20/14 08:21
Re: R&N 425 at Nesquehoning
Author: Nickster

Very nice!

Date: 10/20/14 12:48
Author: rev66vette

Very nice indeed! Spectacular sound! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 10/21/14 05:26
Author: Finderskeepers

No wonder she's talking loud, that's quite the passenger train she's lugging behind her!

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0363 seconds