Home Open Account Help 234 users online

Steam & Excursion > Sumpter Valley Railway Photographer's Weekend

Date: 10/21/14 21:07
Sumpter Valley Railway Photographer's Weekend
Author: showes

This past weekend, I took my good friend Bruce McCammon from Portland, Oregon, to the Fall Colors Photographers Weekend hosted by the Sumpter Valley Railway. Bruce is an avid photographer who usually concentrates on birds and landscapes; and this was his first experience at any kind of organized (for the most part) railroad-related photo shoot. He greatly enjoyed the weekend, especially speaking with other photographers and learning from them. It didn't take him long to learn about the culture of the photo line and the importance of getting the "right spot". I think we may have recruited another new member to our railfan community.

Since Bruce is not a member of this board, he asked if I would post a couple of his photos for him. Perhaps those of you who have been doing this for a while can provide some feedback that may prove useful in future railroad photography efforts. Photos are posted with his permission.

This is also a first go-round at posting for me. I have been a member for a little over a year and have enjoyed the photography of others and all the latest railroad news. If this post works, you may be hearing more from me.

Steve Howes
Pasco, Washington

Date: 10/21/14 21:21
Re: Sumpter Valley Railway Photographer's Weekend
Author: train671

Thanks for sharing some nice images of a neat line.

Date: 10/21/14 21:49
Author: HeislerPower

Good Lord he sure got some beautiful images for a first attempt at railroad photography! Tell him to send more photos!

Taylor

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/22/14 02:19
Author: lwilton

I don't think anyone should tell him how to do railroad photography. He seems to understand about composing an image that takes in the surroundings, rather than just a 3/4 shot of the engine from the bright side.

Date: 10/22/14 05:01
Author: LoggerHogger

Very, Very Nice!

Martin

Date: 10/22/14 07:08
Author: showes

I am sure Bruce can be talked into providing a few more. We were a little unsure about re-sizing the images and effects on clarity as the originals are quite large. However they look pretty good on the screen. Thanks again Taylor, Martin, and all the others responsible for such a great event.

Steve

Date: 10/22/14 07:13
Author: YG

Wow, very nice! Hope to see more of his work here.

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0676 seconds