Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Steam & Excursion > Pineapple Sno Cone?

Date: 10/24/14 13:39
Pineapple Sno Cone?
Author: railstiesballast

In my recent editing and sorting of scans I came across these of the C&TS engine No. 19, nicknamed "the pineapple" because it formerly worked in Hawaii.

This was in work session "B" at the Friends of CATS in May, 2003. This was the week before revenue trains were to begin the season.

Our work (my assignment was the depot platform) was interrupted by rain and snow showers, thing were a little more serious up on the pass.
We were told they brought the 19 over from Antonito to bust through some little remaining drifts and to use it as a switcher at Chama.
Mission Accomplished.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/14 13:40 by railstiesballast.

Date: 10/25/14 14:43
Re: Pineapple Sno Cone?
Author: moonliter

Thanks for your post railstiesballast. The first time I saw the "Pineapple" was on Sept 17th,2012 at Osier, CO. No.19 was sitting on the spur with a cut of stored MOW equipment. Nice looking engine I thought. Is it still on the roster?

Gerry Gaugl
Ottawa ON

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/14 14:48 by moonliter.

Date: 10/25/14 15:14
Re: Pineapple Sno Cone?
Author: railstiesballast

Someone else will have to answer, to me it is kind of "background", when I see it I don't always remember it.
It is, after all, "just a diesel"...;-)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0357 seconds