Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Steam & Excursion > PM 1225 North Pole Express at Carland, Michigan.

Date: 12/13/14 22:18
PM 1225 North Pole Express at Carland, Michigan.
Author: Ron

Pere Marquette 1225 North Pole Express, Saturday, December 13, 2014, the 4:00 PM. train, approaching Carland, Michigan, at about 4:35 PM. I was there at this crossing last Saturday, same time, 5 other people, all in one group. This week..... a rather large group for being out in the country, so far from any civilization.

When we got there we talked with the gentleman and his wife that are directly in front of me as the video starts, nice couple. But out of sight to the right, two..... not gentlemen standing almost on the rail as the train was approaching. As it got closer to the crossing they both stepped out of the way of the train and........well watch. Notice how as soon as the locomotive is gone....so are they, and a few of the others.

I'm not going to complain about what happened, it's like oh well......maybe some day these two will get their just rewards.

It was a little foggy once we left Owosso, all the way to Ashley, where it let up a little.

The second video was only 12 minutes after the one in Carland, so just a few miles farther northwest from Carland.

I got what I thought was going to be a pretty decent video at one of the crossings south of Bannister, East Gratiot Road, I think. We were working our way to Ashley when we caught up to the train. Barely had time to get over to the shoulder and stick the camera out the window. At the time I thought that this was going to be a pretty decent video, but I should have zoomed out as much as I could, I'm a little too close to really get a decent video of the train.

But it's worth a look, lots of steam in the cold foggy air. The temperature was between 35 and 40 degrees.

Ron

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/14/14 04:02
Re: PM 1225 North Pole Express at Carland, Michigan.
Author: jmbreitigan

Congratulations on VOTD. Considering the short amount of time you had to set up. I think it came out well. As far as those two in your first video. Obviously ii is all about them.
John

Date: 12/14/14 05:21
Author: Tominde

Your VOTD sure looks like it is Polar Express---royalties or not. Neat scene. Thanks for sharing that first video. I think a whole lot of us can relate to that!

Date: 12/14/14 06:19
Author: jkh2cpu

Looking good, Ron. Sorry about the knuckle draggers at Carland.

John.

Date: 12/14/14 11:28
Author: coach

What's up with those rude idiots that just step in front of your camera in the 1st video? So many selfish people out there, thinking only of themselves.

Date: 12/14/14 12:57
Author: kinnearyard

To bad the first video was spoiled by fur face and that other moron. They showed a lot of class, all low

Date: 12/14/14 14:18
Author: nycman

It happens everywhere, all the time. Usually when you were first there and set up for what would have been a perfect shot. Nice videos regardless.

Date: 12/14/14 15:32
Author: navy5717th

A good way to get this special kind of morons attention is to tell 'em:

"Hey guys, I've set up here to make a video of a train, but I'll be glad to make one of your backsides (<---being nice here) -- after the train's passed."

Fritz in HSV, AL

Date: 12/18/14 09:36
Author: kingman

So did you ask em to move over a bit?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.039 seconds