Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Steam & Excursion > A couple more PM 1225 from December 13, 2014.

Date: 12/14/14 20:02
A couple more PM 1225 from December 13, 2014.
Author: Ron

This is a "Positioning Move" (as I call it) by the PM 1225. I have not seen the entire operation when the train returns to Owosso on one of the North Pole Express trips, but from watching what they do to prepare for the next trip this is what I gather they are doing.

The train returns to Owosso and heads into the northern most track where they stop after clearing the South Washington Street crossing, then the guests are allowed to detrain. After everybody has gotten off, the train pulls west to clear a switch and they back the train east down the mainline. Then the 1225 cuts off from the train and then backs down the track where they load/unload the train to get to the servicing area. After servicing the PM 1225 they pull back west and then couple back onto the train, pull west again, and then back the train onto that northern most track to then allow the guests to board the train for the next trip.

What I've got is the PM 1225 pulling the train west to clear the switch to then back down that northern most track to where the guests will board the train. The whole sequence took about 8 minutes. There were a couple blips in the video, which I was able to cut out without missing anything. Also I cut out about a minute from the middle after the train stopped, while the switch was being thrown, and before it started to back up. I stopped it after it cleared South Washington Street, and the flagman started waving vehicle traffic through the crossing.

I've got another video from Saturday to post, the PM 1225 departing Owosso with the 4:00 PM trip, but it'll have to be in the next message.

Ron

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/14/14 20:14
Re: A couple more PM 1225 from December 13, 2014.
Author: Ron

This is the Pere Marquette 1225, The North Pole Express, departing Owosso, Michigan, Saturday, December 13, 2014, at about 4:10 PM.

This was taken off Cass Street, about midway between M-52, seen in the distance, and South Cedar Street, behind me.

There was another PM 1225 video from jkh2cpu posted to Trainorders of last weekends trip, taken from about the same location.

It was foggy, not so much here in town, but out in the country it really showed up, and the temperature was about 35 to 40 degrees.

I want to mention that these North Pole Express trips that SRI has been putting on are really popular and the rest of the trips between now and Christmas are sold out.

Ron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/15 00:10 by Ron.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/17/14 23:10
Re: A couple more PM 1225 from December 13, 2014.
Author: BobBalooga

Great videos I love the deep throat stack talk, get audio on this.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0324 seconds