Home Open Account Help 373 users online

Steam & Excursion > An Amazing Weekend On The McCloud Ry In 2005!

Date: 12/22/14 03:52
An Amazing Weekend On The McCloud Ry In 2005!
Author: LoggerHogger

Back in 2005 I was putting on one of my photo charters using McCloud Ry #18 as the star of the shoot. However, through sheer luck the day before my shoot the McCloud Ry played host to a special Trains Unlimited tour train made up of first generation diesels and some great passenger equipment.

The special was scheduled to depart just about dawn which was also the beginning of my shoot. What my customers got were some unbelievable photos of equipment never before (or since) seen on the McCloud!

Here we see the special passenger train being tuned on the wye in the early morning. That is McCLoud Ry president Jeff Forbis hanging on the back of the Milwaukee Hiawatha car protecting the shove.

This was a busy morning on the McCloud!

Martin

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/14 04:09 by LoggerHogger.

Date: 12/22/14 03:56
Re: An Amazing Weekend On The McCloud Ry In 2005!
Author: LoggerHogger

Here are a couple more shot from that morning on the McCloud. We had the #18 clear the mainline to allow the passenger special to depart with it's early diesel power.

I never thought we would see a passenger train like this parked under the sanding tower at the McCLoud shops!

With the passenger special finally out of town, it was then time to get back to my photo charter. Here we see Malen Johnson widen on the throttle as my train heads out of town.

We really had fun on this trip!

Martin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/14 04:08 by LoggerHogger.

Date: 12/22/14 06:25
Author: YG

Sometimes the stars are aligned...

Love the last photo.

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

Date: 12/22/14 07:14
Author: MarkMeoff

Nice photos.

What happened to the horn on the f-unit?

Date: 12/22/14 08:24
Author: BAB

Thanks for the photos was there three years ago and in places the rail almost had the ball worn off very little left. Do hope that one of the cabooses was saved from the scrapper very different looking.

Date: 12/22/14 08:38
Author: JDLX

Thank you for posting the photographs, Martin...had been quite a while since McCloud operated three trains in one day prior to these events, and we will likely never see anything like this again.

As for the cabooses, the #101 (heavily damaged in a yard switching accident back around 1997) has been owned by a couple members of the Shasta-Cascade Rail Preservation Society for quite a few years now, but has yet to be removed from the property. What eventually happens with the #102 is dependent upon what the Williams Group eventually decides to do with the property.

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Date: 12/22/14 09:31
Author: callum_out

Jeff, seriously? Is there any doubt as to the future of almost any rail line associated
with the Williams name?

Out

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0738 seconds