Home Open Account Help 285 users online

Steam & Excursion > Chessie Steam Special Film

Date: 01/23/15 12:21
Chessie Steam Special Film
Author: ClubCar

A friend of mine informed me today about a film called "The B&O's 8,000 Mile Birthday Party," which was made in 1977 about the Chessie Steam Special with ex-Reading 2101. I had not seen this before and so I went on the internet and onto you tube and found it. If you have not seen it take a look at it. A very nice film with lots of action throughout and photos of passengers and even of the entertainers of whom I remember seeing on one of the trips from Baltimore. I believe that these guys were from the Baltimore NRHS at the time.
If you rode this train, you will enjoy looking back on those great times. The younger members will enjoy seeing this mighty Reading T-1 in action.

John in White Marsh, Maryland.

Date: 01/23/15 16:43
Re: Chessie Steam Special Film
Author: -AWF-

It can be found as the "Bonus Feature" for one of the DVD's included with the DVD set titled "America's Railroads: The Steam Train Legacy".

Date: 01/25/15 09:50
Re: Chessie Steam Special Film
Author: 1

i was lucky enough to ride it from cumberland to parkersbug in '77 was in 3rd grade at the time

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0261 seconds