Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Steam & Excursion > Any recent news on 2926?

Date: 02/28/15 10:07
Any recent news on 2926?
Author: lwilton

No update since the 7th on the 2926 web site photos page.

I expect that probably nothing has been happening but a lot of tube installation by the boiler contractor, but it would be nice to know.

Date: 02/28/15 10:16
Re: Any recent news on 2926?
Author: HotWater

I didn't notice on any of the previous updates but, did they "paint" the entire inside of the boiler and the exterior of each flue/tube with the special anti-corrosion preservative stuff, now used throughout the boiler industry?

Date: 02/28/15 10:37
Author: Frisco1522

Looking at the pictures, they hadn't used Apexior on anything that I saw. I hope they did, it pays benefits.

Date: 02/28/15 12:58
Author: ddg

This came out on their Facebook page on the 25th.

2/25/15

The work week we had was favorable working weather. The tube and flue rolling project began Monday. The contractor is working five days per week. Our group had a minimum of four persons on site each day to open up the site and assist them any way we can.

In other areas various tools and air brake parts were being machined.

The throttle control was being refitted for a repair weld. That work will continue this week.

Many of the lagging bolts were partially wasted away and were being removed and replaced. Several were lost due to the firebox side sheet repairs. Old photographs are being used to pinpoint the proper location for those various bolts.

A shipping container was retrieved and stacked with 43 precut staybolt blanks. The box goes to Phoenix where they will be fabricated into the crown bolts which had to be removed due to their sleeves being wasted beyond repair.

Electrical cab work continues as workers install various conduits, light sockets and switches.

As with every week, the never-ending superheater fabrication project soldiers on.

This week will be iffy come Saturday for weather. They are calling for wet weather, but who know, they might be wrong as they have been before. At any rate, hope to see you at the site this week, and as always...

Date: 02/28/15 13:09
Author: lwilton

Thanks Dennis!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0541 seconds