Home Open Account Help 147 users online

Steam & Excursion > NS names Jim Squires new CEO

Date: 03/02/15 06:52
NS names Jim Squires new CEO
Author: welchblvd

http://www.nscorp.com/content/nscorp/en/news/norfolk-southernnamesjimsquireschiefexecutiveofficer.html

I guess I'll be the first to ask: any speculation, wild or otherwise, about the impact of this move on the NS steam program?

Date: 03/02/15 08:04
Re: NS names Jim Squires new CEO
Author: Defective_Detector

Wild speculation, we will see fewer trips than in years past. My guess would be 4 to 8 weekends of trips a year. 4501 might venture to New Orleans, but for the most part the engines will stay close to their home bases.

But, I hope I'm wrong. NS has donated a lot of money to 611 and 4501, so I hope they'd want to see their money's worth.

Date: 03/02/15 08:05
Author: nsrlink

I'll be the second to speculate: no changes for a few years so long as Wick has a presence, an office, & influence at 3 Commercial Place. I don't think they or the new guy would disrespect him by pulling the plug on the steam dreams right off the bat or as long as he is still a board member. My speculation is 3 to 5 years from now, there is still strong hope of the steam program continuing. Keep in mind Squires is a lawyer & bean counter with a degree in Ancient Greek studies and I'm fairly certain he does not have the same passion & enthusiasm for trains, history, & heritage as Wick does.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/15 08:05 by nsrlink.

Date: 03/02/15 08:23
Author: Jimbo

I agree. But after three to five years, who knows.

Jimbo

nsrlink Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'll be the second to speculate: no changes for a
> few years so long as Wick has a presence, an
> office, & influence at 3 Commercial Place. I
> don't think they or the new guy would disrespect
> him by pulling the plug on the steam dreams right
> off the bat or as long as he is still a board
> member. My speculation is 3 to 5 years from now,
> there is still strong hope of the steam program
> continuing. Keep in mind Squires is a lawyer &
> bean counter with a degree in Ancient Greek
> studies and I'm fairly certain he does not have
> the same passion & enthusiasm for trains, history,
> & heritage as Wick does.

Date: 03/02/15 10:07
Author: The_Chief_Way

That's for sure; enjoy it now to the fullest.

Date: 03/02/15 11:08
Author: ctillnc

Graham Claytor and Jim Bistline were lawyers, but so was David Goode. Moorman and D. W. Brosnan were both civil engineers but couldn't have been more different in their interests and temperaments. The new guy will assert himself in unpredictable ways.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/15 11:09 by ctillnc.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.038 seconds