Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Steam & Excursion > It's 'Show Time' for Mt. Rainier's #91 at Steam Expo in 1986 !!

Date: 04/26/15 08:37
It's 'Show Time' for Mt. Rainier's #91 at Steam Expo in 1986 !!
Author: spdaylight

There have a few recent posts from Steam Expo  held during the World's Fair in Vancouver in June, 1986.  This clip shows Mt. Rainier's #91 putting on a 'really big shew' (for you young guns, reference to Ed Sullivan in the 1950/60's)  as she travels WB down the CN yard next to the newly completed Skytrain to Burnaby (and on to New Westminster).  17 locomotives were operational at Steam Expo with another few as exhibits (you can see some of them steaming in the latter part of the clip).  This clip is from my DVD 'Celebration of Steam'.

#91 was called a "West Coast Special" if I remember correctly.  Was built in 1929 as an 'inventory' locomotive by Heisler.  Her first owner was  the Kinzua Pine Mills of Kinzua, Oregon in 1930.   Amazingly Kinzua kept her on the roster (though stored in later years) until the early 1960's when she was sold to the Vernonia South Park & Sunset RR which was some type of tourist railroad.  I think I read somewhere she never actually ran for the Vernonia.  She was then sold to a private individual where it was put on display in Woodland, WA.  Then sometime in 1970's she was sold to another private individual who finally donated the locomotive to the Mount Rainier Scenic RR where she is to this day, a featured attraction. 

Craig
http://mcmrailvideos.com/ 

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/15 11:11 by spdaylight.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/26/15 10:24
Re: It's 'Show Time' for Mt. Rainier's #91 at Steam Expo in 1986
Author: LoggerHogger

Great video.

Martin

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0388 seconds