Home Open Account Help 271 users online

Steam & Excursion > Mount Emily Shay # 1 Will Be Running This 4th Of July!

Date: 06/30/15 03:08
Mount Emily Shay # 1 Will Be Running This 4th Of July!
Author: LoggerHogger

I know it will be hot for my me and my other crew member this weekend on the big Shay, but for those riding along behind us they will get to see the big 90-ton Shay work in the Crooked River Valley out of Prineville, Oregon.  Come on along if you can and join us for our yearly 4th of July runs! 

It looks like we will have another passenger car ready for this weekend to carry even larger crowds.  We carried 1004 passengers last year on the 4th of July!

July 4th Celebration in Prineville with the Oregon Historical Society Mount Emily Shay Locomotive Saturday, July 4, 2015 Free Train Rides from 9am - 3pm Independence Day celebrations begin at 4pm ALL ABOARD for an old-fashioned, all American 4th of July in Prineville, Oregon! This Independence Day, the Oregon Historical Society and the City of Prineville (COP) will run the Mount Emily Shay #1 on a series of excursions beginning at 9 AM, with hourly runs until 3 PM. The Mount Emily is a Shay steam locomotive built in 1923 which was designed to haul logs to the mill. It is one of only a handful of operable Shay locomotives left in the world, and it was donated to the Oregon Historical Society in the 1950s and has been lovingly cared for by the COP. Boarding will be at the COP Team Track located at 1521 NW Lamonta Road. These historic rides are FREE and open to the public and each run can accommodate 90-100 people. Following your train ride through Prineville, you and your family are welcome to join the 4th of July festivities taking place throughout town.

Martin

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/15 06:44 by LoggerHogger.

Date: 06/30/15 03:58
Re: Mount Emily Shay # 1 Will Be Running This 4th Of July!
Author: BAB

Great Martin hope to be there and ride missed other runs. Thanks for the heads up. Boyd

Date: 06/30/15 16:29
Re: Mount Emily Shay # 1 Will Be Running This 4th Of July!
Author: nycman

Hope you have a great turnout, Martin.  Happy Fourth.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0378 seconds