Home Open Account Help 173 users online

Steam & Excursion > NWPRTHS show to feature last NWP steam & transition into 60's

Date: 07/05/15 23:33
NWPRTHS show to feature last NWP steam & transition into 60's
Author: weather

The Northwestern Pacific RR Technical and Hostorical Society has been scanning thousands of my prints which go back from the the end of steam in 1953 to the present day.   I am going to show as many images as I can in 90 minutes which will cover the period from 1953 well into the 1960's.  Here is the information for those that are interested in this period:  NWPRRHS Program -- SAN RAFAELThe Northwestern Pacific Railroad History Symposium (NWPRRHS) program has moved to the Elks Club in San Rafael. The address is 1312 Mission Ave, San Rafael, CA.The next program will be on Thursday July 9, 2015. Mike Pechner will have more of his photos of NWP in the 1960's and early 70's with some steam in 1953, . This program was rescheduled from October. Event Flyer. Doors open at 7:30 pm., with the program starting at 8. Refreshments will be served. There is no charge, although donations are welcome. There is parking in back of the building. The steam photos are part of my collection from engineers I met while rail fanning the NWP starting in the mid 1950's. This is the Overnight Eureka passenger train in Petaluma. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/15 23:36 by weather.

Date: 07/05/15 23:40
Re: NWPRTHS show to feature last NWP steam & transition into 60's
Author: TonyJ

Wish I could attend and see your program. I hope it works out great for all.

Date: 07/06/15 10:00
Author: dante

Will these end up online somewhere?

Date: 07/06/15 11:59
Author: Westbound

Looks like a mail train - baggage cars, an RPO and rider coach. Just about all of my driving trips on the NWP began here at Petaluma, meeting with the Trainmaster or RFE. Somehow I could not visualize steam power on this railroad with all traces gone except for the turntable at Healdsburg. Great photo.  

Date: 07/07/15 22:17
Author: Ritzville

Thanks for the enjoyable picture! Brings back memories of that area when on our way to the Russian River area.

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0264 seconds