Home Open Account Help 283 users online

Steam & Excursion > Fate leads me to Milwaukee 261

Date: 07/26/15 15:06
Fate leads me to Milwaukee 261
Author: 90mac

While driving towards BNSF Northtown Yard on University Avenue in Minneapolis 2 Sundays ago my path was blocked by at traffic collision.
I was in the right lane so I turned right and decided to get closer to the BNSF tracks.
I remembered a place called Minneapolis Junction was close by and I drove that way.
I turn on a street and I can see crossing gates ahead going down so I pull up and park,jump out to take a photo.
I photographed the BNSF grainer and as I was turning to leave I see the nose of a Steam Locomotive sticking out of a building!
I drove over and talked to the friendly fellows working on 261 for a while.
It was a memorable first visit to the Twin Cities.
Was it Luck?
I think not.
Tom Helliwell

Date: 07/26/15 16:00
Re: Fate leads me to Milwaukee 261
Author: highgreengraphics

...And those guys are indeed very friendly, some of the most accomodating and affable railroaders I have ever run across! On three different occasions I just drove up and was really treated like an old friend though I was not entirely certain I should even be there. Good people, a real pleasure. === === = === JLH

Date: 07/26/15 17:19
Author: wabash2800

Is it possible that their attitude has something to do with the fact that they like what they are doing? :)

Date: 07/26/15 19:48
Author: SR2

Yes, the 261 family is a great group of people, and they are "Minnesota Nice".  That term is not just hot air.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/15 14:01 by SR2.

Date: 07/27/15 07:52
Author: YG

You just never know what surprises you might find here in Northeast Minneapolis!

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0453 seconds