Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Steam & Excursion > Sad News As One Of Our Daylight Crew Members Passes Away.

Date: 08/26/15 04:32
Sad News As One Of Our Daylight Crew Members Passes Away.
Author: LoggerHogger

The steam world in general and our own Daylight Crew lost one of it's best and most colorful members last night with the sudden passing of our friend Dick Yager.

"The Iron Duke" as Dick was known by was a gentle giant of a man and one with a wonderful heart at the same time.  He was tireless during the many years he served with us on the Daylight Crew all across this Country.  He was also part of the original NKP #765 crew memebers as well.

Dick loved all things railroading and had his own Model Railroad business in his home of Scapoose, Oregon.  Here is the thread that has been started on the T.O. Model Railroading page:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,3826795

Gods Speed and Highball Dick!  You will be missed.

Martin

Randy Nelson took this fine photo of Dick.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/15 13:13 by LoggerHogger.

Date: 08/26/15 08:12
Re: Sad News As One Of Our Daylight Crew Members Passes Away.
Author: BoilingMan

Thanks for the post. (I got an E from Laurie McCormack last night about it)

I haven't seen him for years- but he sure made an impression- Dick was definitely one of those rare "Larger Than Life" personalities!

SR

Date: 08/26/15 09:15
Author: nomosantafe

He will be missed.  There will never be another Yag 

Here's a few pictures I took of him thru the years.

1.  Cue up the music " Mr Sandman"  Portland, Oregon 1984 sandblasting the auxiliary tender
2.  "David P. Who wants a cabride?" Roseburg, OR 1988
3.  2 old friends at the Brooklyn Roundhouse Portland, Oregon in January 2003

RIP old friend.

Nomosantafe
Portland, Oregon
"Pacific Wonderland"

Date: 08/26/15 16:24
Author: halfmoonharold

I will definitely miss his presence at the NKPHTS conventions. It was always a laugh listening to him bantering back and forth, trading good-natured put-downs with his old friends. A true supporter of the NKP, and steam. I'm pretty sure Dick also worked on the NKP 759 restoration back in the sixties.

Date: 08/27/15 11:37
Author: CR3

One of the things I can remember about Dick was how he could relax anywhere.  Once when I visited the crew in Old Sacramento over where the SP shops were, Dick was lying flat on his back on the asphalt resting beside the 4449.  R.I.P buddy.

CRS

Date: 08/27/15 22:09
Author: ProAmtrak

Sad I never met him, but he CD I'd a good presentation on the Video Rails Version of the 1984 World's Fair Daylight on what the engineer does, nice job on his part!

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0408 seconds