Home Open Account Help 249 users online

Steam & Excursion > NKP 765 in the Lehigh Gorge last weekend

Date: 08/30/15 19:57
NKP 765 in the Lehigh Gorge last weekend
Author: OCtrainguy

It's been a week since the Nickel Plate 765 made its two trips through the Lehigh Gorge.  It was a great weekend to have that engine as well as R&N 425 running through the gorge.  I am still learning the video software that I have and I have these three to share, 

The first is at M&H Junction, where the NS line breaks off for Hazelton and the R&N line continues north towards Wilkes Barre.  This was Saturday afternoon as the train was making its return through the gorge and would be making a stop at Jim Thorpe.  The train was coming in nice and slow as it approached CP Independence.  There were about fifteen railfans and bicyclists who were there to see the train roll by.  The bicyclist who was next to me did get a bit closer to me and his arm did get into the left side of my video as the train cars passed by. 

The second is from Saturday morning at the MP 126 signal as the train makes its way through the gorge and onto Pittston.

The third and final one is from Sunday morning at the MP 125 signal.

Again, many thanks to the Fort Wayne Historical Society, NS and the R&N for making these trips possible.  Hope you enjoy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/15 19:58 by OCtrainguy.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/31/15 05:32
Re: NKP 765 in the Lehigh Gorge last weekend
Author: ns1000

GREAT videos!! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 08/31/15 08:26
Author: CPRR

Liked the third one the best. Working hard, with no diesel....

Date: 08/31/15 21:27
Author: ProAmtrak

Great videos man!

Date: 09/01/15 08:26
Author: kingman

Ninteen cars plus the water tank car , thats heavy and going up grade. Theres just something about brute strength in a a steam engine . Still got it and after 55 years retired from mailine service. This is something every kid should get to see . Nobody needed computers and  to get things done . 

Date: 09/02/15 19:08
Author: UP951West

Video #3 made me feel like I was there in person . Excellent !!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0292 seconds