Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Steam & Excursion > Big headache at IRM

Date: 09/27/15 21:45
Big headache at IRM
Author: Finderskeepers

Vandals spray painted this C&NW bi-level coach, but due to the fact it was caught before the paint had a chance to fully cure, it was removed with a heck of a lot of elbow grease. I hope they find those responsible and lay charges.

Date: 09/28/15 00:04
Re: Big headache at IRM
Author: dan

security cameras present?

Date: 09/28/15 08:06
Author: welchblvd

They definitely have talent. Maybe if they find these guys they can channel their talents into more productive pursuits?

Date: 09/28/15 08:16
Author: cchan006

welchblvd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They definitely have talent. Maybe if they find
> these guys they can channel their talents into
> more productive pursuits?

Hope you aren't trolling or being sarcastic. I can see a message from people like Aware ("don't be a sheep") but what's the message here? If you are serious, I need your help in interpreting it.

Date: 09/28/15 08:31

Technical talent, which is on display here, is a strong foundation for growth when properly molded. No artist springs fully-formed from the firmament.

Well, maybe some of the greats did, but they are the vast minority.

Date: 09/28/15 08:46
Author: HotWater

welchblvd Wrote:
> Technical talent, which is on display here, is a
> strong foundation for growth when properly molded.
> No artist springs fully-formed from the
> firmament.
>
> Well, maybe some of the greats did, but they are
> the vast minority.

Please help me out here. Just how much "talent" does it take to trespass on PRIVATE property, then VANDALIZE historic equipment, that belongs to someone else?

Date: 09/28/15 08:52

Never said it was legal or even okay, merely that if they were to catch them they could hopefully find a more useful outlet for their abilities than throwing them in jail.

Perhaps painting murals at schools or something.

Date: 09/28/15 08:57
Author: dcfbalcoS1

Absolutely ! There is no damn talent here at all. This is nothing more than vandalism and trespassing. If YOU really want this so caled talent, when they catch the scumbags, we'll send them to your house to screw it up with 47 cans of spray paint along with your vehicles and maybe they will even paint your dog to look like a skunk.  
      After being caught, the first thing would be to drag them to the IRM, have them prep 4 or 5 cars for proper painting, take their photos and then post the mug shots at the front gate with the word 'VANDAL' in large block letters underneath.

Date: 09/28/15 10:43
Author: africansteam

cchan006 Wrote:
> welchblvd Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > They definitely have talent. Maybe if they find
> > these guys they can channel their talents into
> > more productive pursuits?

Yes, like completely repainting the car into like new condition at their own expense.

Cheers,
Jack

Date: 09/28/15 12:06
Author: crackerjackhoghead

cchan006 Wrote:
even the taggers follow some
> "rule of conduct" like not vandalizing locomotives
> or paint over reporting marks. Moral decay in the
> tagging community? :-)

I don't think it has to do with any code of conduct so mauch as that they know that, as long as the reporting marks are visible, the railroads don't care enough to repaint and their work will remain. At any rate, one look at UP's locomotives in L.A. will tell you that any such code has gone out the window. I show up for work and find the windshields and healights painted over quite frequently.

I think our society is too heavy handed in punishing some crimes and WAY too tolerant of other crimes. Destroying other peoples property just for kicks should not be tolerated AT ALL and should be dealt with with heavy hand!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0551 seconds