Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Steam & Excursion > Beginning and End in Abilene

Date: 10/04/15 09:58
Beginning and End in Abilene
Author: ATSF2921

I had a full and fun day in Abilene, Ks during this year's Smoky Valley Shooutout.  My day there started by watching the S-1 pull 3415 out of the shed for the crew to get the locomotive ready for that day's excursions.  Thanks to 'santafe199' and 'PRose' for inviting me to be the feature presenter.  A huge Thank You to the A&SV crew who posed both locomotives and themselves for the night photo session.  Both photos taken 10/3/15.

1 - The sun is just about to rise and peek through the trees to bring a new day to 3415.  Thank you, Steve, (I hope I got your name right as I'm terrible with names) for the cab invite and answering my many questions about the locomotive.  The warmth of the cab was most welcome as it was a chilly morning.  Town folks have me to thank for their 8am wake up alarm.  Hehehe.

2 - A&SV crew pose during the night photo session bringing an end to the day's festivities in Abilene.

Thanks for looking.

Russell Honey
Springfield, MO
My Flickr page

Date: 10/04/15 11:30
Re: Beginning and End in Abilene
Author: UP951West

Wow !! I had a fun time at the 2nd annual shoot out. Thanks for presenting. .... Kelly (slides)

Date: 10/04/15 12:16
Author: santafe199

Great stuff, Russell! And your feature presentation was a slam-dunk A+ (as I knew it would be)! You have a great eye for composition and a ton of editing talent which makes for a very good combination in this great hobby of ours...

Lance/199

Date: 10/04/15 16:42
Author: JoCoLB

Any ID's on the two crewmen who posed?

Date: 10/05/15 07:26
Author: switchlock

Looks to be Steve Schwarting and Frank Hotman, left to right.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0323 seconds