Home Open Account Help 380 users online

Steam & Excursion > Changes in Durango

Date: 10/07/15 16:20
Changes in Durango
Author: Auburn_Ed

I just drove past here the other day, I should have tried for a present-day photo from the same spot.  It's all commercial builldings and freeway now.  And the tracks are long gone.

Ed

Date: 10/07/15 17:29
Re: Changes in Durango
Author: The_Chief_Way

That's for sure. I gather this is still north of Carbon Jct?
That's a cute little train. What was the occaision?

Date: 10/07/15 17:37
Author: callum_out

66 Kiwanis?

Out

Date: 10/07/15 19:21
Author: Auburn_Ed

Memorial Day, Illini Railroad Club from Chicago.  I think that this scene is just north of Carbon Junction (is that where the Farmington Branch split from the main)? 

Ed

Date: 10/09/15 17:33
Re: Changes in Duran go
Author: Earlk

Carbon Junction was located right where the old highway into Duran go (seen in the above shot) meets the present road.  This shot is taken a ways north of Carbon Jct..  This spot should still be identifyable.  The trees may have grown to the point of blocking much of the view, but the location is still intact. 

Date: 10/09/15 18:20
Re: Changes in Duran go
Author: BDrotarIII

I'll take a guess. I think it's only about a mile north of Carbon Jct. There's a curve in the river right behind the mall that you can see from CO 3, which is in the background. So my guess is there. I don't think it's any closer than that, because the town seems to be quite far in the background.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0562 seconds