Home Open Account Help 216 users online

Steam & Excursion > fillmore & western's Santa train today

Date: 11/28/15 20:42
fillmore & western's Santa train today
Author: tc

I decided to go out this afternoon to check out F&W's  Santa train today, I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out with the 14 on the rear shoving to montalvo  with late afternoon light but I figured I would give it a shot.  Here is a couple just west of fillmore.

Date: 11/28/15 20:45
Re: fillmore & western's Santa train today

1st & 2nd are of  the train again between fillmore and Santa Paula heading west. 3rd is new territory for me with the 14 this is the west end of Santa Paula passing the packing house

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/15 21:19 by tc.

Date: 11/28/15 20:48

A few more of the train as it leaves Santa Paula towards the 126 overpass and parts west.

Date: 11/28/15 20:51

With the sun dropping quick I attempted what I could before sunset.  1st is the train passing the old SP saticoy depot 2nd & 3rd is the train reaching the end of the fillmore trackage getting on the Metrolink segment.

Date: 11/28/15 20:55

Now I am really pushing the ISO settings as the train heads for the Montalvo Wye.  2nd is an attempt of a new and old shot and the 3rd is amtrak 777 heading N/B at speed past the train and Santa.   Thanks for your time to view at my attempts at picture taking.    Tim

Date: 11/28/15 21:54
Author: PasadenaSub

Great photos and coverage, Tim - particularly the last shot with Santa and Amtrak flying by.

Rich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/15 21:54 by PasadenaSub.

Date: 11/28/15 23:23
Author: LJohnson

Thanks for coming out to see us.
Luke

Posted from Android

Date: 11/29/15 07:28
Author: africansteam

Well done!

Cheers,
Jack

Date: 11/29/15 08:59
Author: trainjunkie

Nice coverage Tim.

Date: 11/30/15 00:55
Author: StarshipConductor

Awesome Photos Tim! Thanks For Coming Out and Chasing Us! I Too Like The Last One With Amtrak and Santa Claus!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0482 seconds