Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Steam & Excursion > One Of My Favorite Logging Lokies In Color And In Great Action!

Date: 11/29/15 10:47
One Of My Favorite Logging Lokies In Color And In Great Action!
Author: LoggerHogger

I have always loved the MEDCO logging railroad operation out of Medford, Oregon. Having gone to college in nearby Ashland I spent my free time tracking down the old MEDCO grades and equipment left in the woods.

MEDCO's Baldwin 2-8-2 #3 has always been a favorite logging engine for me.While I have seen her a number of times and ridden in her cab more than once at the California-Western, I would have loved to seen her operation out of Butte Falls, OR on the MEDCO line.

Here is a nice color action shot of her in the early 1950's on a trestle out of Butte Falls as she speeds toward the log dump at the Medford mill.

What a beauty!

Martin

Date: 11/29/15 12:27
Re: One Of My Favorite Logging Lokies In Color And In Great Actio
Author: Lurch

Old MEDCo #3 has had a very long career and now has spent more time pulling passengers on the California coast than her time in Oregon hauling logs.  She ran a short excursion season this year out of Fort Bragg and is now being torn down for her second FRA 15-year inspection.  According to the shop guys I spoke with, old #45 will get whatever she needs and they hope to have her up and running again for the 2016 summer season.

Date: 11/29/15 13:25
Author: LoggerHogger

Both MEDCo and Calif-Western have really gotten their money's worth out of this 91-year old Bladwin!

Martin

Date: 11/29/15 15:15
Author: CPRR

Bring the one from Campo to be restored also

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/29/15 20:22
Author: spicolli1864

Here are a couple of pictures my late father took of Californis Western 45 in the Fall of 67

Date: 11/29/15 21:04
Author: tomstp

Red tires and rods are ugly.

Date: 11/30/15 06:43
Author: LJohnson

I like the fist picture in black!
Luke

Posted from Android

Date: 11/30/15 14:18
Author: JimBaker

Egads, Martin,

I have the very same slide offered by the Universal Slide Company in Beverly Hills back in tye 1960s.
They wern't the greatest qulity bu they looked good.

--Jim Baker,Whittier, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.04 seconds