Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Steam & Excursion > Roaring Camp and Big Trees RR

Date: 03/20/16 19:08
Roaring Camp and Big Trees RR
Author: CDTX

Went for a hike down to Roaring Camp again today with the main focus of playing around with taking some video (and to help reduce my waist line). The first clip was taken with my 6 year old Sony Handycam and the second clip was taken with my Nikon D7200 DSLR with an external microphone attached to supplement the audio.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/20/16 19:08
Re: Roaring Camp and Big Trees RR

Also a couple of photos.Photo 1 at Westside junction which is the bottom of the baloon track at the top of "bear mountain". And Photo 2 is the train departing Bear Mountain headed downgrade to Roaring Camp at one of the few spots you can see the San Lorenzo(?) Valley from the right of way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/16 19:12 by CDTX.

Date: 03/20/16 21:19
Author: dmaffei

Nice job. Hard to believe that place has been running historic steam logging equipment from the early 60's.

Date: 03/21/16 11:05
Author: switchlamp

Great video and a favorite place to go. Can you imagine what that property is worth now. It would be impossible to put this operation together today.  Toss in that cool Heisler and it is a must do railfan and family experience.

Tom

Date: 03/22/16 09:42
Author: gjc

Nice video!  Looks l'll be planning a trip to visit this place in the near future. Thanks for sharing.

George Cataulin
San Diego, CA
Left Coast Rail Videos

Date: 03/22/16 19:32
Author: ktm-450

Did you guys happen to be taking photos around 5:30 when it pulled off of Bear Mountain?? My friend and I rode our mountain bikes past some photographers.

Date: 03/23/16 20:26

Nope, I am usually by myself. I was gone by 2 or so.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0404 seconds