Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Steam & Excursion > June trips in Illinois?

Date: 05/01/16 15:28
June trips in Illinois?
Author: therock

I heard some info about potential Chicago-area steam trips from an unofficial source - I understand that mid to late June might be good to be in the Chicago area for riding behind steam?

I understand that these trips may not be finalized, but with the potential dates less than 2 months away, any ideas when the official announcement might come & tickets go on sale? I ask for those of us who want to purchase tix/plan our summer vacation.

Date: 05/01/16 15:54
Re: June trips in Illinois?
Author: filmteknik

I realize your speculation most realistically would involve 765 or 261 or a QJ but wouldn't it be cool if SR 4501 repeated her 1973 visit?

Date: 05/01/16 16:00
Author: jderoo

The first part of 765's excursion schedule will be released this week. Might know something then.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/02/16 14:54
Author: AltiplanoRailtours1

Keep an eye on fortwaynerailroad.org

Adam

Date: 05/03/16 07:46
Author: burlingtonjohn

Galesburg Railroad Days is the last weekend in June ....

Regards,
Burlington John

Date: 05/03/16 15:11
Author: ghemr

From what I've heard, #765 to NS Calumet Yard, then Franklin Park RR Days, then a trip to Janesville, Wis and later to Galesburg.........

Date: 05/03/16 17:50
Author: filmteknik

Railroad Daze is Now Franklin Park Fest Featuring Railroad Day* !Plan to join us on Railroad Day on Saturday, June 11 from 10 AM to 3 PM to see this historic steam locomotive. The 765 is one of a famous class of steam locomotives called the Berkshire known for its “superpower” technology and aesthetic charm. The men and women of the Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society saved the 765 from becoming a rusting monument in a city park and restored it to operating condition in 1979. 

* Our beloved Railroad Daze festival has grown each year. To reflect that growth, we are now calling our event Franklin Park Fest featuring Railroad Day. Train viewing, and a celebration of our railroad heritage, will take place on Railroad Day on Saturday, June 11. You will still be dazzled by the vintage and specialty train cars available for touring as well as exhibitors with train memorabilia.

(From the Franklin Park site)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0544 seconds