Home Open Account Help 273 users online

Steam & Excursion > Wasatch Open to the Public Depot Days

Date: 05/19/16 07:54
Wasatch Open to the Public Depot Days
Author: WRRC

Any of you attending the Cheyenne Depot Days celebration are welcome to visit the Cheyenne WASATCH facility.  We are located at 422 West Parsley Blvd, Cheyenne WY 82007.   We have a number of cool items in the shop including Prairie Village No 11, a small 12 inch gauge Ottaway that is all "Chromed Out" and a new boiler being built for a California customer.   Shop is open for walk in tours all weekend.  Come and enjoy!

Date: 05/19/16 11:09
Re: Wasatch Open to the Public Depot Days
Author: Frisco1522

Looked on Google Earth.  You're close enough that on a good day you can hear the German marching music.
Don't you have a facility for car repair?

Date: 05/19/16 13:03

On a windy day we can throw rocks from our shop to Thiers.

Do a Google Earth of Shoshoni Wyoming. South side of town. Zoom in....can't miss it!

Posted from Android

Date: 05/19/16 14:21
Author: rnb3

WRRC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On a windy day we can throw rocks from our shop to
> Thiers.

So what your saying is you can hit them EVERY day!  ;)

Rick Bacon
Windsor, CO

Date: 05/19/16 15:02
Author: Frisco1522

Wow, Shoshone is out there isn't it?
Looks like a nice facility.

Date: 05/19/16 15:09
Author: highgreengraphics

So you guys are the ones who maintain all those sulfur tanks that come out of Bonneville? I thought you also had a tank repair at Swan Ranch, or were going to, did that fall through? Might be okay, Swan Ranch is pretty quiet after the economic slowdown. === === = === JLH

Date: 05/19/16 16:16
Author: CPRR

WRRC Wrote:
> On a windy day we can throw rocks from our shop to
> Thiers.
>
> Do a Google Earth of Shoshoni Wyoming. South side
> of town. Zoom in....can't miss it!
>
> Posted from Android

My suggestion would be a potato gun. Send some over once in a while.....just to see if they are alive, and working.

Date: 05/19/16 19:58

Our shops are almost like living on the border between France and Germany during WWII. Both sides seem to spy on each other in thier own little way, both to afraid to fire the first shot, both unaware that the war rages. Even I can admit that the battle is childish at best. Any battle is only fought to the level of the most qualified participant. Both sides see the other as the least capable. Futile at best. One clearly produces results the other.......to be determined. Questionable who is who.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/22/16 07:03
Author: santafe199

WRRC Wrote: > ... One clearly produces results [while] the other.......
Oh...... I think both sides produce alright! As long as one is willing to concede that mega-tons of ego-driven BS falls (roughly) under the definition of "production". There is certainly enough of it produced at Cheyenne High Kommand. I've been in your well-run shop and was very impressed. I came away with the distinct feeling that a top-notch working staff helps to keep Wasatch a well-oiled machine. As far as being in "the war zone" this is how I see it: Kommandant Edgar Jackboots downtown, along with his Kinder-Kool-aid army is/are lobbing 'information grenades' outward. While countless observers & truly knowledgeable steam fans and experts in the real world are picking up those grenades, pulling the pins and lobbing them right back at BS High Kommand. You guys just happen to be on the front line. Keep up the good work!

;^)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/16 07:04 by santafe199.

Date: 05/22/16 20:30

If you think the garbage he tells Omaha is outrageous (in respect to the steam locomotives), you should hear what he says about Wasatch.  I am not sure which he spends more time on;  defending himself and his great people or beating up on Wasatch.  

Thank you you for the kind note.  Our team works hard for our customers and our owners and honesty is our only policy.  

Date: 05/23/16 07:08
Author: junctiontower

Yeah, what did you do to get on his **** list?  Or is it because a certain somebody works for you? :)

Date: 05/23/16 07:29
Author: HotWater

It doesn't take any effort at all to get on the current manager's "%$#@-list". All that is required is that the individual has more experience & knowledge than he does, especially about steam locomotives!

Date: 05/23/16 08:08
Author: junctiontower

Yeah, I just wondered if there was an actual incident between the two or whether it was just character assassination by association.

Date: 05/23/16 10:19
Author: Realist

HotWater Wrote:
> It doesn't take any effort at all to get on the
> current manager's "%$#@-list". All that is
> required is that the individual has more
> experience & knowledge than he does, especially
> about steam locomotives!

And that doesn't take much!

Date: 05/31/16 18:05
Author: ProAmtrak

I said  he doesn't like his ego ruined, I just wonder if he'll ever man up and admit his mistakes finally since no hydro has been officially done and UP confirmed that 844's gonna make Denver!

Date: 06/01/16 09:53
Author: ddg

I guess that clears up any speculation about who the night crew...........ISN'T.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0705 seconds