Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Steam & Excursion > Santa Cruz Portland Cement #2

Date: 05/30/16 06:56
Santa Cruz Portland Cement #2
Author: Garrett15

Santa Cruz Portland Cement #2 at the NWRM.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/30/16 08:08
Re: Santa Cruz Portland Cement #2
Author: CPRR

Got to love it. How long miles wise is this line?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/30/16 09:06
Author: bigjim4life

Oh, if I only had the money to go out there for a long weekend and spend it filming that line (and buying a ticket to ride/GoPro)...anyone want to fund a trip for me?  :P  HAHA...

Jim Lipnitz
Morrisville, PA
Big Jim Video Productions

Date: 05/30/16 19:17
Author: nycman

She sure is square--reflection of Stathi's work.

Date: 05/30/16 22:24
Author: PorterNo2

Thanks guys! The railroad is five miles long plus a touch so a round trip is just about 11 miles. Not the longest but you do travel between two wonderful small towns, through the the forests of western Washington, past historic farmsteads with views of majestic mt Si, over trestles and bridges (one an 1891 Pratt truss built of wrought iron), an finally on a rocky andesite ledge high on a cliff, 300 feet above the valley below, with the spectacular snoqualmie falls next to you. I hope you can all make it out to see us soon!

Best,

Stathi

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/31/16 20:58
Author: DNRY122

The only time I was in the area, the train was sold out, but one of the members told me where to get some good photos.  Then they gave me a tour of the shop building and showed me all the work in progress.  A class outfit!  (and I remember when #2 was on display at a roadside attraction near Stockton)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0337 seconds