Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Steam & Excursion > 765 in Chicagoland

Date: 06/20/16 20:39
765 in Chicagoland
Author: bnsfsd70

I know there's been no shortage of 765 pics on here, but I figured that I'd offer up my quartet of shots from last weekend around Chicago.

Photo 1: While everyone else was chasing the train up the IHB, my dad and I just waited for the train up on the CP, where we were greeted by a last-minute photo line-breaker.  Eventually, green shirt guy got out of the way and afforded me this view of the NKP 765 pulling onto the MILW from the IHB at Tower B12 in Franklin Park, IL.

Photo 2: Well, this one turned out as a complete surprise to us, and I'l take it!

After shooting the 765 in Franklin Park with everyone else, we were heading east, pulled up to this crossing, saw the gates going down and found the steam special backing through the station.  As an added bonus, the only other people here taking photos were some locals on the opposite platform who were just waiting on Metra.  This was on the train's backup move from Bensenville-Western Ave. Yard, where it would bed down for the night.

The station is Metra's Mont Clare stop on the ex-Milwaukee Road west line.  This is just four blocks east of Harlem Ave., which serves as the border between Chicago and Elmwood Park on the city's far northwest side.

After this, my Dad and I hopped on the Eisenhower, ran downtown and watched Lionel Messi drop a 2nd half hat trick in the Copa America against Panama.  Absolutely incredible performance from the man.

- Jeff Carlson

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/16 20:40 by bnsfsd70.

Date: 06/20/16 20:43
Re: 765 in Chicagoland

Fast forwarding to Sunday afternoon, I was able to get two more shots of the train as it ran back towards the city after its trip to Janesville, WI.

Photo 3: Just north of its station stop in Glenview, IL, I caught the 765 rolling south under the ex-C&NW freight line, between Proviso Yard in west suburban Chicago and St. Francis in south suburban Milwaukee, The 765 is running over former Milwaukee Road tracks.

Photo 4: Just south of the Glenview stop, we found just a small group of local onlookers at Metra's Golf stop at Milepost 16.2 of Metra's Milwaukee District North Line. Golf is a town of just 500 residents on Cook County's northwest side.

Thanks for looking,
- Jeff Carlson

Date: 06/20/16 22:16
Author: weather

Excellent images!

Date: 06/20/16 23:55
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

Oooooh....... Those are beautiful photos -- of a magnificent locomotive!

Date: 06/21/16 08:49
Author: YG

Beauties! 

Steve Mitchell
yardgoatimages.com 

Date: 06/21/16 16:59
Author: SD45X

SWEET!

Date: 06/22/16 16:13

Thanks for all of the kind words, everyone!

- Jeff Carlson

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0363 seconds