Home Open Account Help 369 users online

Steam & Excursion > Tennessee Valley Railroad

Date: 07/24/16 16:52
Tennessee Valley Railroad
Author: hldtrains

Looking for any opinions, advice, etc. about the Tennessee Valley Railroad and Museum in  Chattanooga.  From what I have read, it looks to be a worthwhile stop.  Thank you in advance for any help.

Date: 07/24/16 19:58
Re: Tennessee Valley Railroad
Author: garr

Definitely worth a visit. Depending on the flexibility of your visit date, you may be able to ride a longer excursion than the one the short, but worthwhile, trip to East Chattanooga.

Jay

Date: 07/24/16 22:01
Author: MaryMcPherson

I first went there in 1991, and have lost count of the number of times I've made the trek to Chattanooga in the last five years.

If you have the time, a weekend spent on the property one day and with a Summerville excursion the other will not disappoint.  Check their website for schedules.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 07/25/16 06:23
Author: njmidland

If you can, take one of their trips with dining car service. Everything is prepared on board.  Not exact, but a decent recreation of the classic dining car experience.

Date: 07/25/16 06:32
Author: Worthington_S_A

When are you going?  SOU 4501 is running on the local this week while 630 is down for boiler wash.

Date: 07/25/16 10:26
Author: SFREER

Yes, 4501 is running today in Missionary Ridge Local service...what a sight!  And don't forget the 630/4501 doubleheaders to Summerville on November 12 & 13, 2016. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0345 seconds