Home Open Account Help 406 users online

Steam & Excursion > Larger Than Life

Date: 08/27/16 21:40
Larger Than Life
Author: CimaScrambler

Cumbres and Toltec fireman on the tender at Osier with the typical afternoon San Juan Mountains thunderclouds building in the background.  He seemd to me like a larger than life figure, so I photographed him that way.
Thanks for lookin'
- Kit

Kit Courter
Menefee, CA
LunarLight Photography

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/16 22:50 by CimaScrambler.

Date: 08/27/16 21:52
Re: Larger Than Life
Author: santafe199

Fantastic use of light & shadow, with perfect composition. One of the best images I've ever seen you post in my 5 1/2 years aboard TO. Absolutely superb!!! A no-brainer IOTD...

Lance/199

Date: 08/27/16 22:48
Author: MMD

Timeless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Malcolm
New Zealand

Date: 08/28/16 00:04
Author: TonyJ

Tough to beat that image!

Date: 08/28/16 05:02
Author: Bob3985

An excellent photo Kit. All too often the railfan group tends to forget about the human side of railroading. I still laugh when I think of last years visit to the cab on the Cumbres by my good friend Jeff Stebbins and how he introduced me to his helper engineer as "JosB" because Jose was on the other train. I think of all the years I spent on the railroads and all the fellow workers I came to know, each with a story attached to their moniker.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 08/29/16 08:46
Author: CimaScrambler

Thanks, gents, for the encouraging words.  It is appreciated.
- k

Kit Courter
Menefee, CA
LunarLight Photography

Date: 08/30/16 16:19
Author: hogantunnel

Without any more information the first name I would have guessed for phototgrapher was Stein.
Great work, Kit.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0425 seconds