Home Open Account Help 370 users online

Steam & Excursion > AFT's 40th, Family Fotos- 7

Date: 09/22/16 00:46
AFT's 40th, Family Fotos- 7
Author: BoilingMan

continued...

The last day of the 40th Staff Reunion had two events:  In the afternoon @ 1:00 the Museum's  "4449 and the AFT" display was officially unveiled.  The guests were major Museum supporters .  Many of the AFT folks were there, but our presence was purely optional.
In the evening @ 6:00 was the AFT Banquet that traditionally ends these get togethers.

Photo 26.   Ah...  The '49 in repose.  A fine backdrop for any event- don't you think?
Photo 27.  Jeez, Dale is doing it again.  (His wife seems understandably embarrassed )
Photo 28.  Okay, you probably didn't know it, but there's an official AFT movie.  To the general public it's long forgotten.  To the AFT Staff it's something we've seen 100's of times and includes a theme song that is right up there with the likes of "It's a Small World".  This photo is from 30sec of film I shot staring the feet of Gloria, Carol B, and Grape- and let me tell ya...  those toes are tap'n!

Photo 29.  After the film, Ross had the floor and, after praising Doyle & Co, spoke about the AFT 2.0.
Photo 30.  This was an attempt at a group photo of those involved in 4449's second coming (after 1974) but was stalled due to a lack of quorum: Bob Slover was missing.
Photo 31.  I'm not quite sure what's going on here.  In the foreground are my wife Trish and Ross' wife Karen.  Behind them on the shop floor are Larry Wines (AFT Security) and Al Phillips (AFT 4449 restoration & Fireman ).  I don't know the two fellows up climbing around on the locomotive. 

Date: 09/22/16 00:47
Re: AFT's 40th, Family Fotos- 7

Date: 09/22/16 01:32
Author: co614

I have it on good authority that the 2 ladies are discussing the futility of trying to compete with steam????

Ross Rowland

Date: 09/22/16 09:12

Indeed.
SR

Date: 09/22/16 14:26
Author: Bob3985

co614 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have it on good authority that the 2 ladies are
> discussing the futility of trying to compete with
> steam????
>
>      Ross Rowland
​Ross, they are very wise if they already know the futility of such a task.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 09/22/16 15:13

A fair guess would have Ms Rowland telling myTrish, "You have no idea!'
SR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.045 seconds