Home Open Account Help 382 users online

Steam & Excursion > Georgetown Loop Loco No. 111

Date: 09/28/16 10:03
Georgetown Loop Loco No. 111
Author: andersonb109

To fill in a two day layover in Denver prior to the departure of the AAPRCO train to Spokane, I, along with a local friend visited the Georgetown Loop RR. For our run up to Silver Plume, we had Shay No. 9 which as been the only operable steam loco on the line. But much to our surprise, upon arriving at Silver Plume, recently restored No. 111 was waiting in steam. Sure enough, it worked it's first revenue run in many years back down to Georgetown, followed by light engine No. 9.  They would work double headed back to Silver Plume on the next departure...seen here crossing the Devil's Gate Bridge. With no tourists in the first two open cars, it almost looks like a real working freight.  The last photo is for Martin. Where was this taken and what's the loco? You can assume it was taken someplace on the trip from Denver to Spokane.

Date: 09/28/16 10:05
Re: Georgetown Loop Loco No. 111
Author: andersonb109

One More.

Date: 09/28/16 10:16
Author: LoggerHogger

The Willamette is an easy one.  Annaconda Copper #7 in Missoula Montana.

Martin

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/16 10:19 by LoggerHogger.

Date: 09/28/16 11:29
Author: A-1

It's kind of funny that after all the changing of operators and shuffling of engines for thr Loop, they ended up with pretty much the same engines, just less of them. I hope that lettering on 111's cab isn't permanent...

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/16 11:39 by A-1.

Date: 09/28/16 20:44
Author: coach

That lettering looks permanent to me--it matches on the sand dome, the headlight and the builder's circle on the front end.

A-1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's kind of funny that after all the changing of
> operators and shuffling of engines for thr Loop,
> they ended up with pretty much the same engines,
> just less of them. I hope that lettering on 111's
> cab isn't permanent...
>
> Posted from Android

Date: 09/28/16 21:18
Author: africansteam

A-1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
 I hope that lettering on 111's
> cab isn't permanent...
>
The stroke on the numerals is a bit thin and the spacing of the numbers on the dome is a bit close together, but all-in-all the lettering is still reasonably faithful to F.I.de.C. A./F.E.G.U.A. practice.

Cheers,
Jack

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0446 seconds