Home Open Account Help 381 users online

Steam & Excursion > Saturday with 4501

Date: 10/24/16 16:11
Saturday with 4501
Author: MaryMcPherson

We spent this past weekend with Southern Railway 4501.  It was rather a throwback weekend, as I was working with the still cameras and sound gear while my friend and long-time partner in steam Kurt handled almost all the video.  Here are some of my photos from Saturday.

1. 4501 climbs Missionary Ridge just south of Rossville, Georgia.
2. After taking #1 with the telephoto, I switched cameras and shot with my trusty 18-55mm.
3. The train begins pulling into the siding at the station in Summerville.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 10/24/16 16:13
Re: Saturday with 4501

4. 4501 goes for a spin on the Summerville turntable.
5-6. In an angle I haven't seen shot before, the train passes through Rock Spring on the return to Chattanooga.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL

Date: 10/24/16 16:16

7. Mary goes all artsy-fartsy again....  #4501 climbs the hill to re-enter the Tennessee Valley's trackage at East Chattanooga.  With the sun sinking in the sky, I decided to shoot directly into the sun so the light would really make the exhaust pop.  If you look closely, the exhaust at the top of the from is loaded with leaves getting blasted off the trees.

Thanks for looking!

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL

Date: 10/24/16 18:37
Author: refarkas

Great coverage. My favorite is image five showing 4501 coming around the curve at Rock Spring. That curve and the old building with the faded sign speak "Past" to me in the midst of so many "Present" reminders.
Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0553 seconds