Home Open Account Help 346 users online

Steam & Excursion > HELP WANTED Facebook/Social Media Manager WASATCH RR

Date: 11/28/16 11:33
HELP WANTED Facebook/Social Media Manager WASATCH RR
Author: WRRC

Hey Facebook Railfans, The Wasatch Family of railroad businesses is looking for a "Part Time" Social Media person to manage and update our Facebook Pages. The employee can work from home. We would like to see something between 10-24 hours per month spent on this project. We are offering between $200 and $400 per month based on the quality and content of the material. We expect no less than 4 FB posts per month, per facility as well as industry news stories written and posted to various industry news agencies/forums. We also need a person to manage our “Friends” on our pages as well. The incumbent must have good writing skills and understand railroad terms and words. Past projects are a must! Please contact us direct through this page and please send resumes to info@wrrc.us Questions or comments, please ask Mike Lewis. This position is negotiable and may also include web page updates and web page modifications based on your skills and abilities. Incumbent must meet the moral standards of Wasatch and subscribe to our values policy.

Date: 11/28/16 15:24
Re: HELP WANTED Facebook/Social Media Manager WASATCH RR
Author: PatternOfFailure

WRRC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Incumbent must meet the moral standards of Wasatch
> and subscribe to our values policy.

LOL!

Date: 11/28/16 15:43
Author: HotWater

PatternOfFailure Wrote:
> WRRC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Incumbent must meet the moral standards of
> Wasatch
> > and subscribe to our values policy.
>
> LOL!

Just what the hell is so funny about having values in business!!!!   It's a real shame that more companies in this country don't have "values".

Date: 11/28/16 16:11
Author: Spoony81

HotWater Wrote:
> PatternOfFailure Wrote:
> -----
> > WRRC Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > > Incumbent must meet the moral standards of
> > Wasatch
> > > and subscribe to our values policy.
> >
> > LOL!
>
> Just what the hell is so funny about having values
> in business!!!!   It's a real shame that more
> companies in this country don't have "values".

Maybe his screen name says it all. I'm not sure what was funny about the Wasatch post either.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/28/16 16:41
Author: choodude

HotWater Wrote:
> PatternOfFailure Wrote:
> -----
> > WRRC Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > > Incumbent must meet the moral standards of Wasatch and subscribe to our values policy.
> >
> > LOL!
>
> Just what the hell is so funny about having values in business!!!!   It's a real shame that more companies in this country don't have "values".

It is a shame that a phrase than used to mean "honesty", "integrity", "trustworthy", "scientific knowledge" has been co-opted by various culture war stars, and warped to mean something completely different.

Brian 

Date: 11/28/16 17:50
Author: Realist

Sounds like an envious troll.

Date: 11/28/16 18:00
Author: wcamp1472

". It's a real shame that more
> companies in this country don't have "values".  "

Jack,

All companies have "values". .... of course, the definition of 'values' depends on the concepts of the organization.
So, we need to be careful about what we all think we know what are THE values of a specific company.

John has specified that there are more concepts to be explored before deciding on a provider for this service.
So, John needs to evaluate the potential 'values' of the applicants.  That is sort of a meeting to explore what synergies might exist between the parties.

So, the interview process is vital in winnowing-down the candidates to a few strong candidates. 
Luckily, I have the highest regard for John and the high standards that he sets for his business.

I wish him well in the selection process.  The candidate will have great influence on how Wasatch is presented in the tricky world of cyber communication ---- with all its deceptions, lies and distortions.   So, choosing a person who is well read, very careful of language and widely familiar with the workings of the medium will be a difficult task.  The position will be highly sensitive, will require a high degree of business savvy and deep 'trust level' on both the parties.

The overarching concept here is INTEGRITY.  
There must be a strong level of synergy between the two parties 
John has a high standard of integrity, & it will be a deep challenge to locate and select a candidate that matches John's level of high standards.

Best of luck in your search, sir.

W.

Date: 11/29/16 06:44
Author: NormSchultze

Part Time Facebook editor ! I don't see anything deeply abiding here.

Date: 11/29/16 07:18
Author: callum_out

Yah that's real scum, bottom of the barrel job (he said sarcastically). I can't believe that anyone has the time in their life to
diss such an innocent, honest request for help. If I wasn't so anti-Faceplant I'd volunteer, for free!

Out

Date: 11/29/16 09:36

The mentors I choose to follow have taught me that anybody that uses a disparaging name to represent himself has A.) Very little self esteem and B.) Has even less self worth and sadly, C.) Has most likely never accomplished anything on his or her own anyway.  If he or she has accomplished anything, probably on the coat tales of a more successful person before him or her.   I choose not to converse with people who hold themselves in low esteem.  

Potential Candidates:

Wow, I am so impressed with the people who have submitted resumes!  (Over 20 so far)  Of most interest, all of them, may I repeat, ALL OF THEM, have mentioned a desire to work for or with a company that has and maintains a moral standard.  Moral standard is subjective (objective depending on your view) and is open to interpretation.  Suffice to say;  When a company makes an effort to establish a culture, cultivate a culture and promote a culture, this is viewed generally as the moral standard of the company.  True, you may not agree with the moral position of the company.  It is none the less, for better or worse the moral standard.  Same is true for organizations with no formal moral standard or document.  The culture becomes the moral standard.  If the moral standard is to be dishonest, tell half truths about code material in a boiler, intentionally set cameras to catch your own employees, well then, the moral standard and compass have been set, regardless of the fact that the parent company may have a very well written moral standard.  So, mock me if you will, my company has a moral standard and if you like it or not, so be it.  Those who mock me have a moral standard as well and it is clearly lower than mine or the people that those who mock me choose to worship and follow and drink Kool aid with!  So be it.

Speaking of the moral standard, I am willing to share mine!   Wasatch has what is called our Vision Statement and Culture Outline.  The book, written a few years ago spells out exactly what we expect in our employees and team members.  I am happy to send a free copy to anyone who requests one, under the following conditions;  1. ) You do not re-post any section or page from the book as it is a copyrighted wholly owned document of the company and was not produced to be distributed freely.  2. ) That you show an honest desire to see it and read it and 3.) That you do not use it against me.  You may not agree with it but I am not providing it so you can tar and feather me with my own material or use it as your own Patternof Failure upon which to judge me or my well established 18 year old company.  Those who know me best know I love to share what I have.

A request for a copy of the book can be emailed to info@wrrc.us or you can PM me and I will send you a copy, just include a valid email address as the book is a PDF.  

To my haters, thanks for beating up on me!!!  It makes me and Wasatch stronger and my lawyers richer.  I enjoy the opposition of life as it teaches good lessons.  There is no easy path in life, just ask Ed Ellis.  I face challenges too and I face them head-on and address them the best I can.  I love America and the freedom you have to bag on me.  I love our flag, I love our Freedom, I love my religion and I love the fact that I have been able to grow a business in the pursuit of my own happiness and the happiness of others!

Kindly,

John E. Rimmasch
Chairman of the Board and CEO
Wasatch Railroad/Railcar Repair Contractors

(message not perfect, I wrote it myself, mistakes and all)

Date: 11/29/16 10:01
Author: howeld

I've never been a fan of the "moral standard" contracts. I don't feel a company has any right to dictate what an employee does on their own time as long as it doesn't effect the employer negatively.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/29/16 10:35

What you do on your own personal time is your business, unless of course it reflects negatively on the company.  I agree, 100%.    Our culture statement and vision are not "contracts".  The book was designed to help others (our employees) understand what my personal moral standards are and what standard I try to hold myself to.  I would rather an employee walk away from us because he/she does not agree with me on a particular point BEFORE we hire him or her rather than find out later that our basic moral standards are polar opposites.   This happened once to us a number of years ago and it was a tragic end for us and the employee.  

Date: 11/29/16 14:47
Author: nycman

Good for you, John, in this era of amoral standards and just plain negativism.  If I wasn't so old I'd apply.

Date: 11/29/16 15:03
Author: frontier

WRRC Wrote:
> What you do on your own personal time is your
> business, unless of course it reflects negatively
> on the company.  I agree, 100%.    Our culture
> statement and vision are not "contracts".  The
> book was designed to help others (our employees)
> understand what my personal moral standards are
> and what standard I try to hold myself to.  I
> would rather an employee walk away from us because
> he/she does not agree with me on a particular
> point BEFORE we hire him or her rather than find
> out later that our basic moral standards are polar
> opposites.   This happened once to us a number of
> years ago and it was a tragic end for us and the
> employee.  

The thing is John it's YOUR shop and business so you're the MAN, Your way or the highway. Most Grown people have no problem with that, if so KICK that rock on down the road!

Date: 11/30/16 23:39
Author: upheritage6

Id be interested
School has me busy these days.

Posted from Android

Date: 12/01/16 16:17
Author: Realist

upheritage6 Wrote:
> Id be interested
> School has me busy these days.
>
> Posted from Android

That, and slobbering on ED and trashing Wasatch.

Date: 12/01/16 17:26
Author: EmpireBuilder

Except for falling short on the ethics, honesty, knowledge and experience parts, he'd be a great candidate.

I love how he puts it out there like it's too bad I can't help you out, but here is what you missed.  

Date: 12/01/16 17:33
Author: HotWater

Right. Another "know-it-all" high school kid!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1271 seconds