Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Steam & Excursion > 'Tis the season for Santa Steam (SP4449)

Date: 12/03/16 18:28
'Tis the season for Santa Steam (SP4449)
Author: chjett

I've been enjoying the posts of the various holiday steam trains (Polar Express, etc) across the country.  My family and I visited the ORHF today, as we do each year, and once again enjoyed a very pleasant ride behind 4449.  I admit I am bias to this wonderful locomotive ever since my father showed me 8mm films of it pulling the AFT, and us riding together for several days on the Louisiana World's Fair Daylight in 1984.  I've enjoyed numerous high speed rail experiences riding behind 4449 since.  May Doyle and the ORHF continue to do their tremendous work keeping 4449 and the other equipment in their collection running top notch so future generations can enjoy steam railroading history.  Happy holidays to all.

Charlie Jett
Eugene, OR

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/04/16 03:03
Re: 'Tis the season for Santa Steam (SP4449)
Author: goduckies

Thanks was wondering when we would get a video of her... are there any big trips planned yet? Either Bend or Stampede?

Posted from Android

Date: 12/04/16 08:04
Author: daylightdon

I agree! She looks like she wants to get out and stretch her muscles on a real railroad!

Date: 12/04/16 09:04
Author: asheldrake

NICE video!   It is amazing to watch the literally thousands of hours put in by the many volunteers over the year to be able to do the four weekends of Holiday Express.  It is quite apparent that it is a labor of love.  Thanks to Dick and his crew, that is a real railroad.       Arlen

Date: 12/04/16 15:22
Author: nycman

Charlie, thanks for that.  How I miss those Holiday Express trips.  Thanks to everyone else for all the steam pulling Santa and Holiday trains all over the country.   Merry Christmas to all of you.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds