Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Steam & Excursion > Always a Bozo

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 12/05/16 19:19
Always a Bozo
Author: Auburn_Ed

There's one on every train......and on every plane.......Bozos everywhere.

Ed

Date: 12/05/16 19:20
Re: Always a Bozo
Author: Bob3985

Could have been worse Ed. Could have been a full moon photo. Haha!

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 12/05/16 20:07
Author: mikeman

I like it Sir. There are thousands of photos of trains with no people visible. This shows life in the Railroad Tourist lines as it is today.

Date: 12/05/16 21:58
Author: TCnR

Suppose you wanted a photo of the guy in the corner?

Date: 12/05/16 23:24
Author: TonyJ

One guy is the real "end of train".

Date: 12/06/16 03:56
Author: LJGross

So let me get this straight.  The guy at trackside who didn't pay a penny is annoyed at antics of the paying passenger on a tourist train? 

The proper response is just to delete the photo if it doesn't meet your standards.  Not posting on a public internet forum that the guy's a "Bozo".  

A little more civility please.

LJG

Date: 12/06/16 05:06

Actually, the guy is in need of attention, or he wouldn't do stuff like that when he spotted a photographer.  I'm just giving him the attention that he is obviously seeking.  The gentleman doesn't ruin the picture, he MAKES the picture. Maybe he's a Trainorders guy and recognized me.  Still a Bozo.

Ed

Date: 12/06/16 05:21
Author: Spoony81

Shame on the guy who paid money to ride the train having fun. Next time he should just sit with a pouty face.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 12/06/16 06:05

Maybe the train is backing up.  That is the conductor yelling at me to get out of the way.  And what does PAYING have to do with anything?  (And are Bozos a protected class?)

Ed

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/16 06:09 by Auburn_Ed.

Date: 12/06/16 07:06
Author: RustyRayls

LJGross Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So let me get this straight.  The guy at
> trackside who didn't pay a penny is annoyed at
> antics of the paying passenger on a tourist
> train? 
>
> The proper response is just to delete the photo if
> it doesn't meet your standards.  Not posting on a
> public internet forum that the guy's a "Bozo".  
>
> A little more civility please.
>
> LJG

​This photographer has probably PAID for as many, if not more, trips on these tourist trains than you have!!!! When you spend two weeks EVERY year on the Silverton and the C&TSR, you ride some days and chase on other days. At least he get some images OTHER THAN hanging off the side of the train as it goes around a curve!!

Date: 12/06/16 10:09
Author: NKPBernet

Auburn_Ed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>  (And are Bozos a protected class?)
>
> Ed

<snip - I've decided to remove my own post on my own accord, though it does not change my opinion on the subject of this thread.>
Sometimes, the loudest shout in the world can't make it through deaf ears.

-Dave

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/16 12:06 by dbesade.

Date: 12/06/16 10:40
Author: Westbound

Looks like the guy's long-suffering wife next to him in the plaid shirt is no longer amused by his antics.

Date: 12/06/16 10:57
Author: portlander

A lot of butt-hurt in this thread! A guy can be the kindest and greatest man in the world, but still act like a "bozo" every once in a while. I'm pretty sure we've all been there. If you're going to act like a dufus, then don't be upset about being called out as one. I doubt the man in the picture would argue.

I like the pic. Thank you Ed.

Date: 12/06/16 12:50
Author: Realist

Worst thing I see is that he isn't holding on to anything.  A slack run-in
or run-out would be interesting.

That is the problem with most rear platform riders; they don't have enough
sense to hold on to anything while out there.  Not uncommon to see photos
of PV riders crowded on the back platform, with some even sitting on the
rear railing, in no way prepared for a sudden movement.

Date: 12/06/16 13:03
Author: agentatascadero

Ed, You have captured this one perfectly, verbally and visually.  If one wants to see bozos, just attend or tune in to any televised sporting event, hell, any live TV event.  Bozos certainly seem to be reproducing at a record rate, sort of like invasive species in othe forms ofr plant/animal life.  Perhaps you would not have  been so criticized had you posted the image as a "caption this" thread.             Regards open platform safety issues, my experience has been that, in the PV circles, owners and staff give serious safety counselling to passengers about to go out on the rear platform.......either hold on or sit down, or both.                                                                                                                                                                                                                   AA

Stanford White
Carmel Valley, CA

Date: 12/06/16 13:15
Author: grizzledgary

Actually it looks like his navel has a pretty good grip on the ball end of that railing post and he does have his right foot back and his left foot forward with that knee appearing somewhat against the railing so there may be some physical if not mental stability being displayed in this image.        Seriously, it does look like he's enjoying himself and likely didn't think much about how he might appear to the photographer or to anyone that may view the result after the fact. I'll offer that his hands may have been on the railing before and after the "high ten" was captured. In any case I can relate to both sides of the discussion as I've likely looked worse as a passenger and made far less flattering comments about humans in photos than did Ed.   

Date: 12/06/16 13:20
Author: exhaustED

Look carefully, El Bozo is holding onto something with his left hand. The chap to his left and slightly behind him is also waving but it makes it look like the main man is waving both hands....but he isn't.

Eyes are fabulous when they work. They're even better when they're connected to a brain... Ah well, one out of two isn't bad...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/16 13:22 by exhaustED.

Date: 12/06/16 13:23
Author: dan

well this is probably happening  at 15 mph

Date: 12/06/16 15:17
Author: Frisco1522

Family and I rode the Silverton Train back in the '80s and on the return trip just north of Durango there wa a group of 5 or 6 people in a field who full mooned us.  I had already put the camera away.

Date: 12/06/16 15:47
Author: nycman

Boy, aren't you glad you posted this, Ed?  Today we can't get along about anything.

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.5656 seconds