Home Open Account Help 281 users online

Steam & Excursion > Waiting at the Switch

Date: 12/06/16 06:01
Waiting at the Switch
Author: Auburn_Ed

Nevada Northern at McGill Junction, where the line from Cobre joins the line from the smelter in McGill.

Ed

Date: 12/06/16 06:53
Re: Waiting at the Switch
Author: BAB

Very well done, just a question as have looked carfuly, has it been retouched or is it a photo at all?  Would be nice on anyones wall by the way no matter how it was done.

Date: 12/06/16 08:37
Author: callum_out

Looks like the wonders of HDR.

Out

Date: 12/06/16 10:10
Author: refarkas

Absolutely beautiful. If I did not know it was a photo, I'd guess it was a world-class railroad painting.
Bob

Date: 12/06/16 10:28
Author: Auburn_Ed

As I've stated before, this (and any others I post) is a photograph.  When skies are grey or a photo is too dark, I often use "Redynamix", from Media Chance software, to add some HD element to the photo.  What is does is stretch the dynamic range of each color, so that you can see parts of the photo that were previously unseen. That give the photo some 'pop'.  The painting effect is nothing more than using the noise reduction tool, it reduces detail and produces that painting-like effect.  I believe that some photos should show some 'mood', as opposed to the standard rivet-counter highly detailed roster shot.  It really comes in handy on those steam engine photos that have all black for running gear, etc.  And it really adds depth to steam or smoke clouds.  Here is original:

Ed

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/16 12:44 by Auburn_Ed.

Date: 12/06/16 12:14
Author: EtoinShrdlu

That trainman is standing too close to the switchstand.

Date: 12/06/16 12:49
Author: webmaster

EtoinShrdlu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That trainman is standing too close to the
> switchstand.

That is nothing more than a troll comment.  Nevada Northern requires the train man to be five feet away from the switch stand. Unless you were there with a tape measure at the time the photo was taken you cannot determine the distance from the photo.  

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0458 seconds