Home Open Account Help 252 users online

Steam & Excursion > UP 3985 7-16-1992 WB Jungo,Nev.

Date: 01/08/17 07:52
UP 3985 7-16-1992 WB Jungo,Nev.
Author: RailRat

After further reviwing my master videos, I realized my bad on dates,updated date on "Jungo Runby" post to 7-16-1992. These scenes are before and after Jungo,Nev runby Video posted earlier. Sorry if I jump back and fourth in these series of videos, but I posted the ones of this trip that stood out in my mind first. Video # 1 Jungo Approach , has a little shaky panning, but felt was important to preserve the audio of 3985's whistle. Video #2 Jungo Approach-Brake, matches the photos of fellow photographers (and T.O. members?) I was standing next to that day, but didn't know till now! (25 years later!), and Video # 3 Takeoff after Runby, Has a Great Echo of whistle at beginning, and a few slipping driver moments!..more to come soon! Hope my Videos help those who were there, those who are interested,and those who are waiting for UP to get Steaming Again!??!!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/08/17 08:47
Re: UP 3985 7-16-1992 WB Jungo,Nev.
Author: Mudrock

Thank you again for posting these great memories. You sure bring back plenty of good memories from a fantastic trip riding behind Union Pacific 3985 from Salt Lale City to Milipitas on the old
Western Pacific.

Chris

Date: 01/08/17 09:49
Author: jkh2cpu

Thanks again, RailRat.

John.

Date: 01/09/17 07:25
Author: dougd

Thanks Railrat for excellent footage. 

Obviuosly the 2 sets of drivers operate independently of each other, but why would one set slip and not the other---does not power flow evenly to both sets?

Also, I hear a clanking sound--Ive heard it in person as well as on these videos, can anyone identify and explain the sound?

thanks
D.

Date: 01/09/17 07:51
Author: Frisco1522

Not unusual for one engine to slip while the other one doesn't.  Happened all the time.    That was a great start on what looks like a good grade.
I don't know why they didn't use one of the diesel helpers..........oh wait.   This is from when men were men and diesels in the consist were frowned upon.
Great engine great group of guys.

Date: 01/11/17 14:57
Author: RailRat

Mudrock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you again for posting these great memories.
> You sure bring back plenty of good memories from a
> fantastic trip riding behind Union Pacific 3985
> from Salt Lale City to Milipitas on the old
> Western Pacific.
>
> Chris
Don't encourage me Chris,I've got more!,just too damn busy working 2 jobs...Should get some more PC/Video housekeeping done tonite, Captured video file scenes from tapes all need re-naming with proper dates and stuff,instead of 2015 dates when files were made,Also must vacume dust from Video PC and fix dual monitor mix-up!..and is that you briefly seen on my video?..(PM me for privacy on that one if you desire)..Thanks..more to come soon!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0396 seconds