Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Steam & Excursion > UP 3985 7-14-1992 WB Osino,Nev.Xing

Date: 01/16/17 06:30
UP 3985 7-14-1992 WB Osino,Nev.Xing
Author: RailRat

After kind of hop-scotching around with my earlier "Best of" video scenes of 3985, in Nevada and Idaho (1992 & 1993), Now I will show the Important "In Between" shots, in order of sequence. This one is after shooting 3985 at Arnold Loop,Nev.,and scrambling back towards Elko, to hopefully catch up with the train! I wanted to stay at Arnold Loop, to catch 6936 around the loop, (I knew it was trailing 3985 train), But conditions at the loop that day were rapidly becoming risky, as far as possible lighning striking the ground, after shooting 3985!, Plus I might have missed these shots too! (Should I Stay, or Should I Go Now?!)  May be hard to tell on video, but the big beast rally made the earth pound as she went by the camera!, I think I ask a fellow photographer if he felt that,at the end of video!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/16/17 11:33
Re: UP 3985 7-14-1992 WB Osino,Nev.Xing
Author: Mudrock

I remember seeing you out there from my front seat in the first Dome car on this day!

chris

Date: 01/16/17 15:53
Author: RailRat

Mudrock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I remember seeing you out there from my front seat
> in the first Dome car on this day!
>
>
> chris
Yes,I was the goof with Orange WP hat,Blue pest uniform,and high rubber boots! (In case of nasty desert critters),and a pest truck with big spray tank. For a few years,I was frequently seen out there along right of way between Wendover to Winnemucca during my down-time, or on way to/from jobs or home.Always stayed safe and away from tracks,and always purposely made sure the approaching train crews would see me walking Away from the tracks! Also got to know the local railroaders/train crews pretty much, Would get friendly honk from trains while filming, and even was allowed to get printouts of train movements and locomotive lashups! Of course those days are long gone!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/17 16:00 by RailRat.

Date: 01/18/17 15:07
Author: ProAmtrak

I  miss those days myself, back in 92 I was a Jr./Sr in HS, but man talk about memories, I still wish I had a camera when I was always railfanning Mojave back then, especially on Fridays since I was on the Varsity Football team!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/17 14:29 by ProAmtrak.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds