Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Steam & Excursion > WM Photo Charter with 1309

Date: 03/16/17 13:10
WM Photo Charter with 1309
Author: andersonb109

Apologies if this has already been covered. Related to the post below;  TRAINS Magazine has announced a 3 day photo charter in September on the WM with loco No. 1309. They say the line is or will be open all the way to Frostburg. Any thoughts? Will this be run in the same manner as say a Lerro event?  Or is it designed for the more casual photographer/train rider? Cost seems a bit low for a 2.5 day event which could indicated a much larger group than what I consider to be maximum for such event at nothing over 50 participants. I haven't seen any private list organizers announce anything yet.  I suppose a  call to the railroad would confirm the maximum number of tickets available. 

Date: 03/16/17 13:21
Re: WM Photo Charter with 1309
Author: JayK

Website says 80 tickets will be sold. The itinerary looks geared for the serious photographer with attention to sun angles, prototypical consist, and a night photo session. Price is comparable to the Nevada Northern photographers weekend I attended last month.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/16/17 14:51
Author: andersonb109

Thanks.Guess I missed the ticket sale quota. I've also done Nevada Northern's event and found it to be comparable to an individual charter organizer's event. 

Date: 03/16/17 19:18
Author: unseenthings

Just conjecture, but I'm concerned about a lack of cars, 1309 won't look right with such a short freight. I had heard that the idea of leasing a string of hoppers had been panned.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/16/17 21:29
Author: pennsy3750

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>  I haven't seen any private list
> organizers announce anything yet.

That's probably because they're smart enough not to start planning an event until the engine is actually back in service.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.025 seconds