Home Open Account Help 382 users online

Steam & Excursion > AK 556 defaced and refaced

Date: 03/24/17 23:04
AK 556 defaced and refaced
Author: dan

AK 556 was defaced earlier, suspect in custody...then this guy saw the loco, and made it right;

http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Graffiti-destroyer-meet-the-guy-who-cleaned-up-the-locomotive-417060993.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/17 23:05 by dan.

Date: 03/25/17 00:48
Re: AK 556 defaced and refaced
Author: SCAX3401

For those unaware, ARR 556 is an ex-Alaska Railroad 2-8-0 steam locomotive that is on display in a park in Anchorage, Alaska.  Its sister locomotive, ARR 557 is being restored to operation in nearby Wasilla, AK.

Date: 03/25/17 06:44
Author: Frisco1522

He's one of the good guys.  They should have cleaned it off with the assclown's face that did it.  Sure isn't the America I grew up in.
He did a great job of cleaning it off. 

Date: 03/25/17 07:10
Author: trainjunkie

Here's the assclown who did it. You can't fix stupid.

https://www.facebook.com/terrence.vicens

Date: 03/26/17 04:38
Author: redberan4449

Looks like the suspect has some serious personal issues!

Defaced?  Vandalism?  Way more than that!  This news article includes some photos.
https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/crime-courts/2017/03/22/anchorage-police-arrest-alleged-locomotive-graffiti-vandal/

redberan4449

Date: 03/26/17 06:47
Author: Rich_Melvin

From the article...

"...But it's unclear when the train's rear car was covered with a graffiti mural..."

So now a steam locomotive tender is a "rear car?"

Journalism is dead.

Date: 03/26/17 07:06
Author: junctiontower

You know, I read ass hats on this board defending graffiti and graffiti "artists" all the time, and defending the "art".    Lets just be perfectly honest here.  Never mind that doing this to someone else's property is just plain wrong and illegal, 95%  of the graffiti out there is just plain gibberish garbage and has no redeeming value, even if you are inclined to like such stupid things.  This mess is a prime example of that.  I have a simple rule for "art".  If someone has to tell you what it is, it isn't any good.

Date: 03/26/17 07:13
Author: BAB

And after working for a trasit agency for twenty five years  I hate it. We would put out a clean graffiti free torn seat free bus in the morning only to see it returned needing anywhere from a half hour or more of work before it could go out the next day. Even pellet holes in the windows
or seat frames broken. I hate it in any form on anything from sidewalks up.

Date: 03/26/17 08:58
Author: tomstp

Glad they caught the S O B.

Date: 03/27/17 06:29
Author: kevink

trainjunkie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's the assclown who did it. You can't fix
> stupid.
>

So why post a link to his Facebook site? All that does is feed his need for attention.

Date: 03/27/17 07:35
Author: TexasRocket

kevink Wrote:
> trainjunkie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Here's the assclown who did it. You can't fix
> > stupid.
> >
>
> So why post a link to his Facebook site? All that
> does is feed his need for attention.

To be fair, the perpetrator can't see how many people visit his page.

Date: 03/27/17 16:28
Author: SD45X

trainjunkie Wrote:
> Here's the assclown who did it. You can't fix
> stupid.
>
> https://www.facebook.com/terrence.vicens

.75 cent 240 grain semi wadcutter ahead of 8grains of Unique will solve all his problems:)

Date: 03/27/17 18:46
Author: RuleG

junctiontower Wrote:
 95%  of the graffiti out there is just
> plain gibberish garbage and has no redeeming
> value, even if you are inclined to like such
> stupid things.  This mess is a prime example of
> that.  I have a simple rule for "art".  If
> someone has to tell you what it is, it isn't any
> good.

I despise graffiti.  However, typically when I see graffiti with graphic images, the images definitive enough for me to determine what is being depicted.

On the other hand, I have enjoyed viewing art in museums and galleries which has been far more abstract in its imagery which I still thought was very good.

Date: 03/29/17 18:45
Author: junctiontower

Point 1)  OK, except that 90% of the graffiti on railroad equipment is not images,  it's names, gang signs and other squiggle.  Point 2).   Abstract art is just the emperor's new clothes in my opinion.   I say it takes 1000 times more talent to do what somebody like Howard Fogg did than paint something that could be anything and have screwballs stand in front of it and try to tell you what it means.  One of these two paintings is true brilliance.  The other one can be accomplished by cleaning out the brushes from painting the first one.

Date: 03/31/17 18:05
Author: ProAmtrak

I remember playing around that engine too when I was 11, nice engine, sad they took out the seats and tha appuratus on it, it would've been cool if they kept all that intact, then as a kid the imaginations would really be cool!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0621 seconds