Home Open Account Help 373 users online

Steam & Excursion > 1522 at Temple, Tex

Date: 03/27/17 10:41
1522 at Temple, Tex
Author: WrongWayMurphy

I wrote August 8th of 2001 on these shots.  I made a weekly day trip to Austin from DFW back then
and timed this weeks trip so maybe I might catch 1522.  I dont recall if this was an end point or just passing
through, but obviously was able to catch her, shown here at the ATSF/MKT diamond, and at the Temple ATSF depot.

Date: 03/27/17 12:06
Re: 1522 at Temple, Tex
Author: retcsxcfm

1522 has the best "stack talk" of any locomotive
I have heard.

Uncle Joe
Seffner,Fl.

Date: 03/27/17 14:27
Author: ssw

Wouldn't this have been May 2001? I was "studying" for finals when 1522 came through. Well, studying as well as you can while chasing a train, anyway.

Date: 03/27/17 15:36
Author: WrongWayMurphy

ssw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wouldn't this have been May 2001? I was "studying"
> for finals when 1522 came through. Well, studying
> as well as you can while chasing a train, anyway.

Quite possibly, my handwriting is as sloppy as a Matamoros enchilada.

Date: 03/27/17 16:23
Author: Frisco1522

Got me to wondering now.  That's me running and I THINK we were heading south to Houston.  I think there was a gal from the depot got on and rode with me for a way taking photos and video and promised faithfully she would furnish us with copies.   Nada.

Date: 03/31/17 12:16
Author: KskidinTx

I had rode the locomotive 1522 from Temple to Brenham on its southbound trip.  A couple of days later it returned northbound (which these pictures are of).  I was at Brenham to ride it north but after conversing with engineer pilot Glen Hightower (pictured in the third photo, 3rd from the left) who informed me he had it handled, I decided to ride in the coaches because of the heat.  The 2nd photo is looking north from the MKT crossing with 8th Street crossing in the distance.  The 3rd photo is in front of the Temple ATSF depot facing south/southeast.  You can see a small portion of Coffeyville platform brick at the bottom of the picture.  The only 3 places that have platform brick in the Temple area are the ATSF and MKT depots and in a patio at my home.

Mark

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.062 seconds