Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Steam & Excursion > 4449 AFT Video - Excellent!

Date: 07/23/02 19:59
4449 AFT Video - Excellent!
Author: ahockley

Yesterday I received the Goodheart 4449 AFT Video from the trip in March from Portland to Bend and back. Excellent video... lots of good helicopter footage from the gorge, as well as a lot of run-by video.

My wife\'s gonna be REALLY unhappy when I buy the Skyfire video and have two videos of the same trip :)

Aaron
http://www.hockley.net/trains

Date: 07/23/02 20:52
Re: 4449 AFT Video - Excellent!
Author: nycman

Aaron, I can\'t wait to see the Skyfire tape. We need to go pour molten lead on the helicopter trashers.

Date: 07/23/02 22:37
Author: smokebox

Aaron,

I hate to say it, but the Pentrex tape is worth buying. Lots of 40\'s-50\'s era video of the GS\'s, including GS4s black without skirts. The best part of this tape is the "bonus feature" of "The American Freedom Train", by Interurban Films, circa 1976. Talk about funky! Trust me, you\'ll get a big laugh out of this feature. The Bend trip coverage is ok, but the 4+ minutes (we timmed it!) of showing the crossing over the Columbia River is a bit long...

As for the Goodhart tape, it\'s LI-MA, not LEE-MA! The new issues of this tape will have this correction,... per Doyle!

Smokebox

Date: 07/27/02 22:48
Author: smokebox

We watched the Goodhart tape again at the office, and I can\'t tell you guys how incredible the photography is on this tape! If you\'re any kind of steam fan, this is a must own tape. If you ever thought of coming out for one of our trips, by this tape and you will see why these trips sell out so quickly.

I caught a glimpse of "Alligatorfan" on the GH tape.

Smokebox

Date: 07/29/02 19:39
Author: nycman

Aaron, when in August are you going to CA? I have just decided to go to Williams to catch the 3751 and everything else. That\'s Aug. 19-25.

Date: 08/19/02 01:27
Author: sd45t2

test

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0383 seconds