Home Open Account Help 283 users online

Steam & Excursion > More of 1702 in NC

Date: 09/24/04 17:39
More of 1702 in NC
Author: Mgoldman

Not having much luck with my scanner - never used the "light lid" on my flatbed, though it was one of the reasons I chose it. I've had good luck with prints but here's my first scanned slide.

I think I'm missing a part... just scanned as a print versus a positive and it was much sharper but ghostly.
I'll post more if I figue it out!

Date: 09/24/04 19:26
Re: More of 1702 in NC
Author: Flowing

Was that on Saturday, Sept. 11? I think it was, judging by the lighting. You must have been standing right next to me. Interesting how we both chose black and white.

Date: 09/24/04 19:36

Must have been!
Nice shot - Now I can't figure why I thought the building would add to the shot??
I've seen the name (Flowing) but still can't put a face to it - ended up chasing with Kevin (Does the Blue Ridge Video's). Maybe next time.

Date: 09/24/04 22:42
Author: JimBaker

Here is a PhotoShopped copy which has lightened the scene somewhat.

Jim Baker, Whittier, CA

Date: 09/28/04 22:59
Re: Even more of 1702 in NC

Shot similar to the first shot in the first thread - this time drivers down.

Flowing - that's really a nice B&W.
What kind of camera / film did you use?

Date: 09/28/04 23:51
I'm seeing double

Flowing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Was that on Saturday, Sept. 11? I think it was,
> judging by the lighting. You must have been
> standing right next to me. Interesting how we both
> chose black and white.

Tweaked the scanner.....
What type of lens were you using?
I went wide to capture the building (cropped out).
Looks like you zoomed in a bit?

Date: 09/29/04 13:40
Re: I'm seeing double
Author: Flowing

Mitch,
Good job catching the bottom of the bell swinging up in your photo, as you can see I got it swinging the other way in mine. I actually use a digital camera, a Nikon Coolpix 5700 with a 8.9 - 71.2 mm lens and the photo was indeed zoomed in making the focal length 41.1 mm. And I photoshopped the image a bit before posting, including making it black and white, sharpening it, and cropping out the building, which I got a bit of in my original shot too. I'd be interesting in seeing what ever other shots you got, especially on Sunday since we were only there on Saturday.

-JOHN

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.038 seconds