Home Open Account Help 349 users online

Nostalgia & History > Northern Maine Jct. 1964

Date: 11/12/05 12:21
Northern Maine Jct. 1964
Author: FT

After school was out in June of 1964, myself, my brother Ken, and our fan friend Barry
Young who joined us in New England, took our first real multi state fan trip. Our furthest
north was the BAR shops at Northern Maine Jct. Too bad it was so cloudy, but this was like
stepping into an operating museum. Not one employee was seen our whole time there. At the far left is an Ingersol-Rand switcher, in dark green. BL-2's and F's made up the rest. The
BL in old colors was of special interest. We were aware this was prime stuff. You might
think in '64 we wouldn't know how rare this all was, but we did. Sure miss it all. Ken
is the one to the left and Barry to the right.

Keith A

Date: 11/12/05 12:37
Re: Northern Maine Jct. 1964
Author: wlankenau

Nice! My first trip to NMJ was in 1977 or '78, and the scene wasn't a whole lot different. There were a few GP7's and 9's around, the I-R switcher had been reduced to a pair of trucks, one Geep was in Bicentennial colors, and there was nothing in the original scheme (they hadn't repainted the 557 yet). Everything was blue but for a Geep or two in the gray and orange scheme. I never saw a GP38 the whole time I was there.

Walt

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0324 seconds