Home Open Account Help 257 users online

Nostalgia & History > They sure were pretty

Date: 03/30/06 09:31
They sure were pretty
Author: africansteam

My employer used to shut down over the Christmas/New Years Holidays, and during the 1994 season I took a few days off to visit my good friend the Nitehostler. On December 30, we chased the one-year-old California Northern. On the point that day were all four of their SD-9’s. Leading the group in this shot at Laughlin is ex Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range No. 200.

Tom says this was the only time he ever encountered all four of the units together. As it turns out, it was the only time I would ever see them. They sure were pretty. Thanks for the memories Tom!

Date: 03/30/06 09:46
Re: They sure were pretty
Author: WAF

That was a pretty paint scheme on those 9s.

Date: 03/30/06 10:35
Author: stevelv

Somebody on the other board said that rare is an over used term on TO. But in this case you have a VERY rare shot in my opinion. Thanks for posting.
Steve B.

Date: 03/30/06 13:17
Author: Nitehostler

Holy Toledo! That was over 11 years ago? Now I do feel old enough to have been around when Casey Jones had his last run like TBOB suggested. Seriously though Jack, you did a nice job on the one...and your company was certainly enjoyed here.

Tom

Date: 03/30/06 16:28
Author: sp5472

Those were the only locomotives I have ever seen that had oil bath air cleaners on the engines. The air must have been really dirty back on the Iron Range.

Howard

Date: 03/30/06 23:30
Author: xtra1188w

Good picture and attractive locomotives. That paint scheme looks like it was designed to honor Baylor University what with that color scheme.
Thanx Jack!

Con

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0303 seconds