Home Open Account Help 232 users online

Nostalgia & History > How about a C&S break?

Date: 06/16/06 22:57
How about a C&S break?
Author: xtra1188w

Here's a C&S break from 1940. C&S, as when the narrow gauge was still in place between Leadville, Climax, and Denver. Here #74, a 2-8-0 gets a northbound freight train under way towards Climax in the winter of 1939-1940, I'm unsure of the exact date. Following #74 on the tail end was waycar #1008. Didn't the CB&Q call their cabeese "waycars"? I wonder if the C&S also called them waycars, maybe not, the C&S, particularly the narrow gauge C&S was in a whole other world. I wish that Pop would have photographed the C&S more way back then, but if he did, I don't know about it, these three images are all that he took of the C&S afaik. How come Trainorders doesn't have a narrow gauge board?

As I was reviewing this thread, I just now noticed that the 2nd image is backwards. I think that I'll just let it be unless y'all think that I ought to delete it, turn it around in Photoshop, and then reload it. Whattya thank?

Con

Date: 06/16/06 23:41
Re: How about a C&S break?
Author: NH2006

Just let 'er be....

Look at that plow. Back when it still snowed in Colorado....

Date: 06/19/06 06:46
Author: tolland

Hey Con, I've never seen a 2 axle C&S standard gauge caboose that I can recall before. Great shot, thanks for posting.

Jim Burrill
Loveland, Colorado

Date: 06/20/06 00:03
Author: xtra1188w

tolland Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Con, I've never seen a 2 axle C&S standard
> gauge caboose that I can recall before. Great
> shot, thanks for posting.
>
> Jim Burrill
> Loveland, Colorado

AFAIK Jim you still haven't seen a standard gauge 2 axle C&S caboose. The #1008 is/was a narrow gauge caboose. These photos were taken shortly before the C&S standard gauged their Leadville to Climax line, and abandoned the rest of it into Denver.

Con

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0341 seconds